hi from the uk

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xadmx

Reaction score
hi guys/girls i am from the uk and thinking of moving to the usa to live and travel around in an rv. by trade i am a welder/fabricator how hard is finding a job of this type over there so i can get some cash coming in. what sort of pay would i be looking at. here in the uk there are very few jobs about and the ones that are am really low pay and you struggle to survive and its pissing me off working my arse off to be left with nothing after i pay the bills, plus its always raining and depressing. life and weather looks so awesome over there but i need to find out alot more info before i make the move.so any help would be appreciated.
thanks

If you plan to work, you must go through the Visa process. I know a lot pf welders unable to find work here. If you are approved, and willing to go to North Dakota, I hear the oil towns are looking for helpers. High pay and even higher cost of living. Do your research first. The US is still in a economic slow time.

You should make enough to travel here if you're the creative sort....meaning, willing to work your arse off to fill your fuel tank, buy some food, and a few things you need.

I will say that ours is a great country to tour.

If your any good at your craft, I think you could do OK.

Carry a list of refrences and copies of any degrees that you may have earned, and a good portfolio is a MUST!!!

I'll bet if you set up a small trailer with a welder, torches and misc tools, that you could work your way across country pretty easily.

Traveling is a snap in this land.

I live a few hours from Williston, North Dakota and I know that you could go to work there tomorrow for very good money. This is the area where the oil shale is being worked on. The oil field also extends into Wyoming and a part of Oklahoma. Some companies also provide housing and transportation to the job site. Get a visa with a work permit before you come and you'll do okay.

Good luck,

Jamo

Welcome,
If you land here & can't find a job elsewhere; the oilfield will put a welder to work yesterday. There are people from all walks of life there. Good Luck with your plan.