Hi everyone!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teetaw259

Reaction score
Hey folks,<br><br>I've been lurking for nearly a year now and thought it time to introduce myself. The reason I've lurked rather than announcing my presence is that you guys know a lot more than I do&nbsp;LOL! I have a little something in common with most of you in one way or another. I'm beyond retirement age, have&nbsp;a great wife and several wonderful dogs, so I live in a house (owned,which luckily, costs less than a small apartment to maintain). We also have a class C motorhome in which we have been all over the midwest for weeks at a time.<br><br> I presently have a great semi-retirement job delivering trucks around the country and tow my '01 Chevy Malibu. I am&nbsp;on the road&nbsp;for about 10 days per month and live in my Malibu, even if I'm moving a sleeper tractor. I have figured out how to be comfortable for that length of time in the car. In the winter I have a catalytic heater and a very good sleeping bag (slept great recently in Nebraska at 2*). I recline my seat, get in the bag and sleep like a baby. I usually stay at truck stops and shower there. Sometimes I stay in rest areas or Walmarts. In the hot summer, I have a 5,000btu window unit mounted in the trunk with its face sticking through a piece of solid insulation board into the car. The rear seats fold down. When I want to use it, I let down one side of the rear seat, open the trunk about one foot, set my 2000w Champion Inverter generator outside, crank it up and I'm good to go. Cool and comfortable.<br><br>I also have a 10" 12v TV, and my notebook computer with mobile hotspot. I have a lot of fun doing this. I get to travel, camp, and make a little money, all at the same time.<br><br>Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. I've spent many enjoyable hours reading about your exploits and endeavors.<br><br>Dan (based in N. Texas)<br><br><br><br>

As a fellow North Texas resident, air conditioning is never far from my mind.&nbsp; Your innovation is intriguing.&nbsp; Thanks for sharing it with us.<br><br>Vickie

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and comments.&nbsp;If you see a silver Malibu with a bunch of antennas being towed behind a truck, be sure to say hello!

<span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong>welcome .... blkjak</strong></span>

<p>Thanks blkjak and Pikachu711. Nice to be in such good company.</p>