Hi Everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwilloww

Reaction score
I am thrilled to have found the Cheap RV living You Tube channel and now this website.  It is wonderful to see how many people are becoming nomads. I have been one on and off most of my adult life; sometimes living in a van sometimes in structures on free land and sometimes in a tent and all over the USA. I feel whole when I am living in nature. I have been relatively stationary for the past 10 years as I was getting older. But recently, I thought, "I'm not done yet." I changed my diet and started working out and am now healthier than in my younger adult years. Then I realized what I truly needed for my true health...I need to be free. Sooooo, I am selling the stuff of my sedentary life as I write this, and I am buying a van to live in. I hope to meet many of you sooner rather than later and definitely no later than the next RTR. My adult children are 100% supportive of this choice and I just can't wait to get out on the road!!! By the way, I am 73 but age is just a number. I CAN'T WAIT... :D

Welcome aboard wwilloww!
We're happy to have you in the tribe!
Ask (and) answer on anything you like...

Welcome wwilloww to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Great to see you are creating yet another chapter in your life. And wonderful that your adult children just want to see you be happy with how/where you are living. Your enthusiasm is great.

Hi there!

I'm just about where you are now. I've changed my diet, started exercising, and am about to start ridding myself of most of my stuff. I want to be a vandweller, but I'm not sure yet. Once I get through the purge and get my health in order, I'll know if I want to do it.

Welcome wwilloww, You will love being back out in nature.  Had an elderly neighbor who was still traveling in his van when he was in his 80's.  So there are definitely people out there doing this.  Wish I had listened more to him when I was in my 30's, sure miss that guy.  It's wonderful your family supports your decision, hope to run into you on the road someday.

AmieW said:
Hi there!

I'm just about where you are now. I've changed my diet, started exercising, and am about to start ridding myself of most of my stuff. I want to be a vandweller, but I'm not sure yet. Once I get through the purge and get my health in order, I'll know if I want to do it.
Thanks for posting. I will be posting here as I continue to get ready. Hopefully you will stay in touch too and we can encourage each  other.

ColdBrook said:
Welcome wwilloww, You will love being back out in nature.  Had an elderly neighbor who was still traveling in his van when he was in his 80's.  So there are definitely people out there doing this.  Wish I had listened more to him when I was in my 30's, sure miss that guy.  It's wonderful your family supports your decision, hope to run into you on the road someday.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am so excited to be gone I can hardly wait!

ColdBrook said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I am so excited to be gone I can hardly wait!

Welcome Willow, great to see you here. Look forward to following your adventures. All the best :)

Latest posts