Hi All,

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistley

Reaction score
My name is Laurie, I'm retired and looking to join the nomad life. I have a few issues to resolve before doing so. Number one, is getting rid of most of the accumulated "stuff" I've got. Number two, deciding what to do with my critters (1 small dog and 3 cats). I really want to take them with me, but have to figure out the logistics first. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome Laurie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Hi Laurie,
You can take your pets with you. Lots of people do. I have a 60 lb Pocket Pit with a congenital heart defect. She’s actually pretty small ( like a small medium sized dog) but heavy like a tank. I feel safer with a canine companion.
Best of luck,
Lisa

Thank you, LERCA.
I'm planning on van living and I have to figure out how to fit 3 litter boxes in the van while being out of the way. So far, I can only come up with having a cat door into the front part of the garage where I'll put the boxes.
BTW: 60 lb. in a "Pocket Pit"? Sounds like he's a good size boy - no doubt a baby. LOL They usually are. My Shi Tzu will definitely go with me. He's kinda attached at the hip to me.

Will your three cats share one litter pan?

You may have to change it more often, but one pan versus three would save space.

Maybe let them start practicing sharing a litter pan, before you move into the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk