Hey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john*thomas

Reaction score
I know people like for new users to post an intro post so here it is.  

Retired 10 months ago. I looked to get an RV awhile back but things got in the way. I'm looking again. I live in WV so there are plenty
of places to go away from most people.

Aloha John Thomas. Good luck on the search for your rig.

Welcome John Thomas. I love West Virginia, lived in Fulton County Pennsylvania for a while which is only about 5 miles north of Berkeley Springs WV.

I knew a Mennonite millionaire whose name was John Thomas. He owned a huge resort just south of the city of Lancaster. I introduced him to customers of mine who were from England and they immediately burst out laughing. You probably know why, polite English mothers would use the term John Thomas As a modest way of saying something else. If you hadn’t Heard that before I’m sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Welcome to the forum and maybe I will see you in West Virginia sometime right now I’m in the middle of The tuscarora Pennsylvania state forest.

I am aware of the slang. LOL Not many are. I started using it years ago as a cheap laugh for myself to get around a sites rules against off color user names. LOL

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

HI and get the darn RV and get your butt out there!

best of luck moving forward!

do it, just do it and report back!

It's absolutely crazy the number of people who post a RV for sale and not include interior pics and when asked not have any or not reply at all. (yes, I can tell the absolute fake ones)

LOL I know right....yea alot of fake sales out there but when ya get a real deal, they don't include pics or prices etc can drive one batty....I mean come on, don't people KNOW how to truly advertise something they want to sell? :)

what are you looking to buy, what type of vehicle is drawing you? just curious

I'm thrifty (some say cheap). I'm looking for used. I don't really have a specific price range but I want a class C or perhaps a class B because I want to keep it no more than 21 feet. I tried really hard to get a 1990 20 foot class C this moring. 26,000 miles and excellent inside but I'm 4.5 hours away and a disadvantage and of course it went quick because they were asking 4K.

I saw a decent VW Railto 1997 for 8K yesterday but every time I called there was all kinds of static on our call. LOL. Again 4.5 hours away. It's sold.

I would love to find a Toyota. Missed a couple also because I couldn't be the first one there. It's just my wife and I and a small dog.

^^^You need to make sure the rear axle got the recall or a replacement to the newer style. They became famous for losing rear axles. Makes me homesick hearing someone complain about a "Cadillac converter"! Lol!!!

bullfrog said:
^^^You need to make sure the rear axle got the recall or a replacement to the newer style. They became famous for losing rear axles. Makes me homesick hearing someone complain about a "Cadillac converter"! Lol!!!

LOL, yeah. I'm familiar with the axle situation. I almost bought one a few years ago but I was educated on the axle situation before I did.

OK, I haven't figured this site out yet. I don't see how one posts pics.

I got a 1987 Nissan Odyssey. The good is it runs great. Only has 47,000 miles. Everything seems to work. Interior is pretty nice. Doesn't seem to need much work. I'll update it some. V6. Full floater axle. My guess is I got around 14mpg bringing it home. The best is it was CHEAP. There is a reason.

The outside looks like sin. Someone painted the trailer with a brush. Looks really bad. Silicone applied really sloppy. It needs tires. But it was cheap. I can repaint and reseal.

yeah I remember you were asking about tires. Just put a LT in front of your tire size when you search. There are all kinds of them out there. Are you saying it already has the V-6 and the FF axle or that you are going to upgrade it to that? Highdesertranger

john*thomas said:
The outside looks like sin. Someone painted the trailer with a brush. Looks really bad. Silicone applied really sloppy. It needs tires. But it was cheap. I can repaint and reseal.

Get rid of that silicone. Won’t hold up on a moving RV.

Go here for info on what you need

https://www.thervgeeks.com/rv-caulk/

Cammalu,

Wow!  I never new sealants were so diverse.  Thank you for that link.  It will really help me when I get up the nerve to cut a hole in my roof, for a vent.

Thanks Again!

Steve

john*thomas said:
I know people like for new users to post an intro post so here it is.  

Retired 10 months ago. I looked to get an RV awhile back but things got in the way. I'm looking again. I live in WV so there are plenty
of places to go away from most people.

Greetings. I'm not far away in Ohio. Lovely area in West Virginia. I feel like it is definitely an untapped resources for nomads.

JasonMcD said:
Greetings. I'm not far away in Ohio. Lovely area in West Virginia. I feel like it is definitely an untapped resources for nomads.

There are a lot of places you can go if you want left alone. Just leave others alone also.

Latest posts