hey everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AwakeInAvan

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum, but not new to Bob. His videos are why I went with a van and not a motor home. My name is Jettie, and I've recently found myself in the midst of a midlife awakening. My family all think I have lost my mind and blame it on a midlife crises. It's not a crises. Huge difference between the two. This is my van Shamu. She's a big ole whale and I love her so much. We've been out a few times now from Ohio to as far as NC. I'm still fighting nerves and anxiety when I go out, but it gets easier every time. I'm also a writer. You can look me up on Amazon under Jettie Woodruff if you want.
I've also found a new hobby. I love van building! I'm going to look at a minivan right now just because I know I can make an awesome build out of it. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
Anyway, here's my buddy Shamu, we're going on adventures.

Attachments

• 15556086_10211387208667112_101779022_n.jpg
    15556086_10211387208667112_101779022_n.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 15645045_10211433866993541_2014352564_n.jpg
    15645045_10211433866993541_2014352564_n.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 50
Welcome Jettie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

That looks great...would love to see more pics of the build process. Welcome to the group and enjoy your travels.

Welcome aboard Jettie!
I like the color scheme.
A bed AND a couch.........

Welcome to the CRLV Forums   :) 

Quite an impressive list of books there at Amazon.   ;) 

I'm sure the Van wanderer life style will provide both intrigue for writing stories as well as solitude when you
want it to organize your thoughts and write.  Yet so many people are still only seeing
these Van's as a vehicle for hauling people around or cargo to its destination. 

One of my first inspirations for Van traveling was  a novel published on the margins of "The Last Whole Earth Catalog".   It was written by Gurney Norman and titled,  "Divine Right's Trip".  If you haven't read it, you may enjoy doing so.  

https://www.amazon.com/Divine-Right...-2-fkmr1&keywords=Gurney+norman+and+DR's+Trip

AwakeInAvan said:
Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum, but not new to Bob. His videos are why I went with a van and not a motor home. My name is Jettie, and I've recently found myself in the midst of a midlife awakening. My family all think I have lost my mind and blame it on a midlife crises. It's not a crises. Huge difference between the two. This is my van Shamu. She's a big ole whale and I love her so much. We've been out a few times now from Ohio to as far as NC. I'm still fighting nerves and anxiety when I go out, but it gets easier every time. I'm also a writer. You can look me up on Amazon under Jettie Woodruff if you want.
I've also found a new hobby. I love van building! I'm going to look at a minivan right now just because I know I can make an awesome build out of it. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
Anyway, here's my buddy Shamu, we're going on adventures.

Shamu looks great Jettie...Can I have her? :D  I seem to be in the market...

Welcome to the forum. I really liked your van layout. It would be great for my dog and I, (she had spinal surgery a couple of years ago so her jumper isn't what it used to be). From the floor to the couch to the table to the bed she could do. I found your build video https://twitter.com/jettie_woodruff You could do a book on building a van. I lived on a 1949 Chris Craft Double Cabin Cruiser for many years. The nautical touch in your decor made me smile.

Another group that you may be interested in is Boondockerswelcome.com You can youtube them, or just do a web search.

Welcome Jettie! I love the clean simple lines of your build! I waffle between the "clean and modern" and the "cluttered and homey" styles... I want clean and modern, but I'm a slob so the cluttered and homey covers my mess better!