Help with directions to free camp in Cottonwood or Ehrenberg,

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband and I have been on the road since February 7th, we are traveling from Oregon Coast Being new to RV full time living we would like to free camp in Arizona, not too hot. Is Ehrenberg very hot in April  or should we come to Cottonwood. 
We  would like to make some friends from the tribe, we are leaving Pahrump next week and need to stay in one place for a while.I would appreciate directions and advice. Thanks Jodietraveller  :blush:

Here's the best site I've found in 50-years of camping, to find spots to camp or park overnight (or longer). It's not free, but you do get what you pay for in the long run. I think it's about $25 a year. The good part... it tells you where NOT to park too.

www.overnightrvparking.com

Between Cottonwood and Sedona, off of Highway 89A, is Forest Road 525 and 525A. It's popular, so finding an available spot might be tricky.

Between Cottonwood and Camp Verde, off Highway 260, immediately south of where the traffic lanes split, is Thousand Trails Road to the east. You'll probably see RVs on the left side of that road. Directly opposite Thousand Trails Road is Camino Real. There's camping along there with easy access. If you're more adventurous and know how to straddle deep ruts, you can also take the fork to the left -- Forest 361 -- to even more camping spots.

Cottonwood used to tolerate camping at Walmart and other parking lots, but it was banned after a brawl and shooting at Walmart a few years ago.

Latest posts