Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Paul.
 Just starting to move on this, (from Michigan). I need to sell my house, as I am retired now. Plans are to locate my PO box in SD & then go west/ Southwest from there. I have no community yet. This is all new for me.  Peace to all of you.

Welcome Paulie, and best of luck with your preparations and plans. There is a lot of knowledge around here, so don't hesitate to ask for information and instructions. The community is here, and ready to help.

How exciting!! Do you have a vehicle in mind? If not this site has so much information on just about every possibility. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

With reference to my last post (See number four) I am using the stupid dictation software and it makes changes even after I proof read it. I said welcome to the forum. Not Malcolm.:) :) :)

Thanks for your greetings, folks!
 "What kind of vehicle...?" A,  Starting off with a 2010 Suburban; no trailer - just a cot in the back, maybe a quick-set tent. Keeping things simple. I've never seen the Grand Tetons yet, or the Grand Canyon. (Lot of miles there, I know.) Still have to sell my house, in Michigan. I believe I have neccessary equipment for survival now. Thanks again! Peace!       Paul

Your suburban would work well for converting depending on your requirements for comfort. No standing room obviously but possibly manageable until you find your perfect rig.
Good luck with everything and perhaps we'll meet someday.

Just wait until you see the Tetons right there in front of you! They are magnificent!
Welcome to the forums.

Looking forward to those mountains! The Suburban will suffice, for now. (Ex-military, not high on all the comforts, just mobility & survival; Army vet)
Still need my house sold, but I think I'm close! Thanks for the warm greetings, all!

Guess what, now you have a community that will go with you where ever you go.

If you don't mind, where in Michigan will you be leaving behind?

Oakland County for me. Lived in the far northern end of the county for a few years, then after some life changes, in the extreme southern end of the county for a few years.

In high school, I lived in St. Paul, MN and went skiing in da UP and broke my leg.

A lot of stuff broke in Michigan.

Sorry for delayed response (still busy trying to sell my house). 
  I'll be leaving mid-Michigan area (Ionia County). Looks like it'll be a "cold weather" start possibly.

Latest posts