Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emerald Bay

Reaction score
Stopping by to say Hello and introduce myself.  I am joinging the group in October so I'm busy with downsizing and waiting for the answers to come if I do a cargo trailer, rv, or van.  I have known for some time that I wanted to travel and spend time with our beautiful land, but felt some tripidation, when you said you were doing the group gathering in Oct. I just know it is important for me to be there.

I am looking forward to the freedom of being on the land and I love the pictures of the land that you post Bob. I just received your book this week. I look forward to your video's. I've watched everyone and love the live stream.

Many blessings and safe journeys to everyone.

Emerald Bay

Welcome to the CRVL forums Emerald Bay!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

You can do a trial run with a cargo trailer by renting a u-haul. You'll meet great folks as soon as you get out.

Welcome to the forum Emerald Bay. I'm a newbie too. It's a good idea to start small equipment-wise and work up from there. I found that I actually needed much less than I thought I would. As long as you have the basics (place to sleep, stove of some sort, water storage, toilet of some kind, cooler/mini fridge, a plan for hygiene needs, heating/cooling as needed, whatever medically necessary mods) covered everything else is a luxury (aka nice but not crucial). Once you take your setup for a few short adventures you'll figure out how you like things and how they work with how you live.

I love that almost everything about this lifestyle is personal preference. Its awesome to be able to craft your own life based on what you have learned about what you like/need/want. The freedom is amazing.

Peace,
Angie