Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FibroWarrior said:
Hope to see you at the RTR!! This year will be my first time too. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes,hope will see each other.So many people coming as per Bobs video

Miele said:
Is there lots of mosquitos? Any ideas on how to use mosquito net on a jeep

Mosquitoes don't live in the desert!.... :D 

They require still ponds to breed and only range maybe a couple of hundred yards from where they  hatch.

So the answer is no - and no black flies either..... :D :D 

I escape from northern BC before the snow tires have to go on the van for it to remain legal. That's why I spent 3 weeks in the lower mainland inside the 'you don't have to have snow tires' demarcation lines. Since you're coming down from Alberta through the Dakotas and it's already winter there, you're just going to have to deal with a bit of lower life use of the snow tires and a bit more noise on dry pavement. They might come in  handy in April or so when you're returning north and the snow is still in the north.

Almost There said:
Mosquitoes don't live in the desert!.... :D 

They require still ponds to breed and only range maybe a couple of hundred yards from where they  hatch.

So the answer is no - and no black flies either..... :D :D 

I escape from northern BC before the snow tires have to go on the van for it to remain legal. That's why I spent 3 weeks in the lower mainland inside the 'you don't have to have snow tires' demarcation lines. Since you're coming down from Alberta through the Dakotas and it's already winter there, you're just going to have to deal with a bit of lower life use of the snow tires and a bit more noise on dry pavement. They might come in  handy in April or so when you're returning north and the snow is still in the north.
THank you.I been looking for mosquito net,lol.Now I don't have to, See you at the RTR.

Goodmorning everyone, I wonder if someone can tell me how to change "Miele-I am from canada".

Miele said:
Goodmorning everyone, I wonder if someone can tell me how to change "Miele-I am from canada".

Hi Miele...
Look at the top left of this page:  User CP.  Click on this.
On the left side of the page under YOUR PROFILE, click on Edit Profile
Then, on the right side of the page under CUSTOM USER TITLE, look down the list
to the empty box and add your change.    :)
Then be sure to click on Update Profile at the bottom!

Miele said:
Hello, thanks .I am totally new to this nomad lifestyle.I love camping and the great outdoors.After viewing many of Bob,s videos,and listening to women living their life dreams,I really is fascinated with the whole idea of camping for free.I am from Alberta,but really thinking hard to be at this RTR to get ideas,and meet down to earth people.

Welcome Miele;

Come on down! You'll have a blast. I'm currently in the Temecula California area and have met many happy canadian snow birds arriving almost daily to the area. Several of them will continue on to Quartzite as well. There is something for everyone in Quartzite. 

Safe Travels....