Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidxxx

Reaction score
Hello.  I liked the videos. YouTube continually surprises me with the quality of video that people are putting up.  I don't have an RV now.  I lived in one
where I worked as a trucker.  Meh- it wasn't that comfortable.  People were always hassling me about parking it.  I moved to an apartment.

Still,  I feel I belong here.  Especially with the information on states to be domiciled.  I am on SSDI after I injured myself from trucking.

I am a US Navy Veteran, but these days, hardly patriotic. 

Right now, I live in Missouri which I think is one of the worst states, and am looking at Mexico or Nevada for my citizenship.

I entertain ideas of living in Mexico, in Los Algodones.  You can get a good deal on a apartment there.  Or perhaps, a HUD housing project.

I am very unhappy with my domicile now.  Unhappy with the way the United States is going.

The reason I am writing this is, I wonder if people have had trouble with the police or others.  Since the whole nation seems to be swept up in
intolerance.  Do RVers ever get picked on?  The homeless get picked on here!  By the government, and by other predators.

thank you,
David

Welcome David!

There are regions that lean intolerant and depends on what a person is driving. But in general, not really. Have to mindful where a person is docking themselves.

Welcome, David! I'm also looking to get out of Missouri after 50-some years! Not sure I'll change my domicile, but will definitely change the scenery!!

Welcome to the CRVL forums David! It sounds like you are more than ready for a change in your life whether it's just moving to another state or moving into a van or RV. Keep us updated!

As far as RVers getting harassed by the police or anyone else- I think it's very rare and when it does happen it may be brought on by the people themselves because they are parking illegally, leaving trash, or causing some type of nuisance. If you're parking where people live it's important to keep a low profile. You're visiting or passing through. If that's the message that the residents get they won't be alarmed.
If you're camping on public land as long as you follow the few simple and reasonable rules you'll be fine.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

There are some Expatriates (Americans living in other Countries)  around here.   A lot of folks are beginning to move to Costa Rica or Panama and some other Latin American areas.  

Do you know what that's about ?

Latest posts