Hello - you all have inspired me to join the group !!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyGayle

Reaction score
I've been following this site and have been encouraged and inspired by the personal stories in the videos.  Thank you all. 

A bit about me - As I was sitting on my sofa the other day, pondering why I pay the ridiculous amount that I do for a place that serves basically only as a roof, kitchen, and toilet, I thought, "What a waste!"  So I pondered it all.  I've owned three houses.  Each time I purchased a house, I told the realtor the same thing, "I want a huge screened-in porch.  If it comes with a kitchen and a bathroom, that's bonus, but I want the porch."  So I started looking for a place in the country that was a simple shack but with no restrictions by an HOA or government so I could build a basic outdoor space.  Somehow, that led me to links on tiny houses and ultimately to this site.  For the first time in a very long time, I felt my heart leap with anticipation.  I've not slept now for a few days because all I can think about is the opportunity here in this new lifestyle.  I actually did think about driving around the country when I bought my van in March of this year.  Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to buy the type of van that would be more suitable for vandwelling.  I have an Odyssey, so it's been great to see the minivan campers I have seen in the videos.   Thankfully, my job can be made quite mobile, but it may take me a little time to arrange the logistics.  I'm moving out of this place into a smaller one while I prepare to leave.  I'm from TN, so if any of you live here or are passing through, get in touch with me.  I'd love to meet you.

If anyone knows when the next RTR is, please let me know. I've searched and haven't found that information yet. I am thrilled to know I won't be needing to book airline or hotel reservations for that trip !!!!

Thanks to all of you for your inspiration, encouragement, and instruction.  Bob and all those who make this site and the videos possible, a huge thanks to you !!!

Welcome to the forum. Bob will post the days of the next RTR well in advance to give people time to prepare.

I believe we have several members in Tn., I'm sure they'll come forward..

Rob

travlinman and wife said:
I'm in Nashville.  I can't say that without wanting to end it with (in a very twangy voice), "HOME of the GRAND OLE OPRY!"   My parents listened to too much bluegrass and Opry music when I was growing up, and I can't get that out of my head.  "You bake right with Martha White . . . . "   Urghghgh - it won't stop !!

Hello, and welcome! Love to hear about folks getting inspired.

I live near Knoxville, I am fairly new myself here, unless you count all the time I've read posts and never posted anything myself. Lol. I am still trying to wrap my head around Everything, like you, when I started watching Bob's videos my heart felt like it received a jolt. I've always loved the outdoors, animals, nature, meeting new people. Unfortunately, I let my life take on its own force, not guiding it, but just keeping it between the lines. It's time to turn the auto-pilot off, but I'm really afraid to grad the wheel.

My daughter has become the person I wanted to be. She must have felt my heart in some way.

In 2014 , she hiked the A.T. , 2100 miles!!! I was so proud of her. Her fiance proposed to her at Katahdin ,.

Sorry, did not mean to go off on a tangent.

I'm here to learn, help, listen, and laugh as much as possible.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Garrettwolf said:
I live near Knoxville, I am fairly new myself here, unless you count all the time I've read posts and never posted anything myself. Lol. I am still trying to wrap my head around Everything, like you, when I started watching Bob's videos my heart felt like it received a jolt. I've always loved the outdoors, animals, nature, meeting new people. Unfortunately, I let my life take on its own force, not guiding it, but just keeping it between the lines. It's time to turn the auto-pilot off, but I'm really afraid to grad the wheel.

My daughter has become the person I wanted to be. She must have felt my heart in some way.

In 2014 , she hiked the A.T. , 2100 miles!!! I was so proud of her. Her fiance proposed to her at Katahdin ,.

Sorry, did not mean to go off on a tangent.

I'm here to learn, help, listen, and laugh as much as possible.

Grab , lol not grad

Welcome aboard !
If you haven't figured it out by now , you're in the right place...
We'll help you achieve your freedom just ask the questions as they come up !
Lots of info already posted for you to check out too.
A mini van just means less stuff to lug around.

Oh yeah , you can have a different back porch every night if you want now!

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Welcome to a growing trend of people who are burning out on life in the bricks and sticks and are now finding
inspiration in mobility, flexibility, and reasonability.   Life in the Cottage with the white picket fence begins to feel
like a pre-coffin after awhile.  Especially if you find yourself hoarding stuff where your stuff begins to own you
instead of the other way around.   It can lead to boredom, which can be your worst enemy in life. (some studies have indicated up to 2 1/2 times more likely to experience heart problems or death due to heart attack)

I'd offer you to view my websites below.  They can be a good entry or for some full time method of converting a Van for weekends, day trips, or full timing.  The bottom site is a portal of information to help with planning while still in your home or once you are on the road to better navigate your travels. You may find some inspiration in
knowing of these.

All the best !

Welcome HoneyGayle to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

eDJ_ said:
 The bottom site is a portal of information to help with planning while still in your home or once you are on the road to better navigate your travels. You may find some inspiration in
knowing of these.

Thanks.  Your site is very helpful !!!!

Latest posts