Hello...Took the plunge

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artmom

Reaction score
Hello,
I've longed to escape the Michigan winters for so long and now it's finally a reality. Next year I hope will be my last year working and then I will officially become a snowbird. Just purchased my van. Floor has been installed. Have lots of insulation questions, but will post them elsewhere. Here, I just wanted to stop by and say hello.   
:D

Welcome and congrats! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Welcome aboard Artmom.
Van....check
Floor.......check
Insulation....read up and start asking questions

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Artmom!

We have a whole section of the forum dedicated to insulation
https://vanlivingforum.com/Forum-Insulation

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome! I grew up in SW MI and my brother still lives there. I considered returning but haven't lived there in over 40 years and it seems my brother reports worst winters each year. I just don't think I could take that level of cold and humid anymore.

I have lived in the south and southwest. You will love escaping the winters.

Have to say if you live in Michigan that Panama City Beach is paradise. Come on down as Bob Barker used to say ,but the prize is already here waiting on you. Life is good HoboJoe.

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard Artmom.
Van....check
Floor.......check
Insulation....read up and start asking questions

Thanks popeye! I think I have now read every post in this forum and several others and looked at every youtube video. In the end, I took bits and pieces from all the wisdom and wonderful advice and did what I felt will work for me. I may be right, I may be wrong. Down the road, I may find I need to do something different...but what the heck. I will never know unless I try.  Life is a learning experience.  Thanks for the welcome :)

HoboJoe said:
Have to say if you live in Michigan that Panama City Beach is paradise. Come on down as Bob Barker used to say ,but the prize is already here waiting on you.    Life is good HoboJoe.

LOl, 
Anything sunny and warm about now would be so welcome!  Spring has forsaken us. It snowed two days ago.  ::(  Nice to meet you.

Well you just told me you have the most important thing possible......
The right attitude !
Van On !

Snow Gypsy said:
Welcome!  I grew up in SW MI and my brother still lives there.  I considered returning but haven't lived there in over 40 years and it seems my brother reports worst winters each year.  I just don't think I could take that level of cold and humid anymore.

I have lived in the south and southwest.  You will love escaping the winters.

Hi Snow Gypsy,
Yes, I'm in WM and the winters are more and more brutal. It's odd how overcast and cloudy it's become. The sun never shines. Never! Even the weather reports now include the percentage of available sun. Really quite depressing. I am so looking forward to bugging out. I have one more teaching year. I have wanted to go some place warm for many years. My brother lives in Vegas and I love it out there- even in July. Can't say I'd want to be in a van in July but who knows????  Thanks for the hello :)

cyndi said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums, Artmom!  

We have a whole section of the forum dedicated to insulation
https://vanlivingforum.com/Forum-Insulation

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Cyndi,
Thanks for the info! Nice meeting you. What a welcoming bunch!

Welcome! I escaped Central IL winters as of last year. In FL now planning to use it as a home base while we travel. Miss the heck out of the Midwest, but not that weather!

Welcome to the CRVL forum !   :) 

There are a bunch of "Run Away's" here LOL  and some of them are "Running Towards" once they get a fix on
where they would like to go.

Your story reminds me of a singer named Lou Rawls and the story he told  in his song "Dead end Street" and how bitter cold it was for him in Chicago as a little kid.

But there is everything here you'll need now that you've taken the plunge.  "Longest Journey starts with the first
step".

jaxtonsgram said:
Welcome from another michigander. Nora

Hi Nora,
Nice to meet another Michigander. I was feeling like a lone wolf! Ha.

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL forum !   :) 

There are a bunch of "Run Away's" here LOL  and some of them are "Running Towards" once they get a fix on
where they would like to go.

Your story reminds me of a singer named Lou Rawls and the story he told  in his song "Dead end Street" and how bitter cold it was for him in Chicago as a little kid.

But there is everything here you'll need now that you've taken the plunge.  "Longest Journey starts with the first
step".

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome!

Queen said:
Welcome!  I escaped Central IL winters as of last year.  In FL now planning to use it as a home base while we travel.  Miss the heck out of the Midwest, but not that weather!

You got it! Sick of the cold, snow and gray skies. Need blue and warm! Nice to meet you.