Hello future friends and family!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyFree1

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a little over a year before I can set out on the nomad adventure and I can't wait.... I'm so excited. Been collecting up supplies the past few weeks so I can experiment. I just got back from camping in the Cherokee National Forest....just me and my dogs. I LOVED it.  First time I've been camping in 20 something years and first time alone. Been afraid to, being a single female now. 

Been kind of worried about telling the kids but when I told my youngest what I wanted to do she said, "You should totally go for it Mom, it's so you." and I think she's right! They will all come to agree, or not, whatever. They know I will do it anyway.

I have formulated a plan to have everything taken care of in the next year and still have some reserve cash and living money. I'll be in my SUV, it has plenty of room. Planning out modifications already. Full speed ahead!

Have been watching loads of videos and lurking around here for a couple weeks and have picked up some good info and a lot of encouragement. Thanks to all you guys for that! Still confused on the solar and battery thing though, lol.

Hope to meet some of you on the road one day. Till then, HAPPY TRAILS!

Deb

Welcome Deb to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Sounds like a good plan and a great life adventure coming your way! Tell us more about your rig when you get it set up.

HI
you do sound set and know what you want so that is great.

when needed about solar, come here and post up what is confusing you and just keep reading about solar, tons of great info on the board.

I am about 3 hrs away from Cherokee NC area. It is nice up in that area but I bet you were in the TN area somewhere since that is WAY bigger part of the forest :)

glad you had a great time!

Thanks for the welcomes! 

Yep, Tennessee side is correct. Went into the NF from Tellico Plains up the Cherohala Skyway....beautiful area. Anyone coming through should check out Bald River Falls. I live near the area and love going there just to see the falls. 

Definitely looking at everything on solar. I have a year to learn what I can.

Welcome and relax, its not a big mystery, you will learn to actually live again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Hi Deb.
I am also from Ohio (however, currently right across the border in PA for a couple more months).
My goal was to have my truck camper built and be out of this part of the country in October but, as usual, life happens.
I have just about everything for the build except the lumber and insulation so once I get things straightened up, it won't take much - will just add the solar next summer.
Anyway, I am looking to head toward the foothills somewhere around Union Mills, NC - beautiful and one of my favorite places.
I had trouble bringing myself to tell my children as well but once I told my youngest he had the same reaction, "if that's what you want to do Mom, go for it". My daughter on the other hand was a bit hesitant to give me her "approval" until she realized I wasn't looking for her approval - LOL. She still has many concerns but she is behind me following my dreams. My real problem is going to be leaving behind my grandbabies but, I will make it a point to video chat and visit as much as I can.
I wish you the best on your journey and can't wait to see you on the road someday.
Barbara

Welcome, Deb - I'm just getting started after being on this forum about a year already. Currently clearing out my apartment in Idaho. I hope to be in Ohio next summer for a while. Not sure what else I'll be doing then.