Hello from Mammoth

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donttellmax

Reaction score
Hi.  I'm Josh.  Been living in my RV with the dog for about a month.  It's exciting, a little scary, and so far, extremely rewarding.  Just found this forum.  Wish I would have found it before this undertaking, but hey, better late than never.

I'm 54, worked in mental health for 30 years, and the stress of the Covid crisis prompted me to readjust my life priorities, retire from the unfulfilling career, sell the money pit of a house in a dreadful town, and use the profit to fund the purchase of a Winnebago Vita RV (wanted a van, but got a killer deal on this rig, and it's super comfortable.)  

We've started a blog, a YouTube channel, and are vigorously pursuing some form of passive income.  Don't necessarily have to work, but money is tight if I wanna survive out here for the next 30 years...and I'd like some fun money...but I'll save the spam.  I'll just get involved in the community and learn as much as possible.  Hope to contribute my own wisdom along the way.

Thanks for having me!

Josh

Welcome! There are lots of seasonal jobs in beautiful places, enjoy checking into all the different ways to make money while living the life.

Welcome Josh to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Mammoth? CA or KY? If CA. are the campgrounds in town open, and the rest of CGs in the Sierra?

Welcome to the forum and your new life, Josh :) . In another 10 years or so, Social Security will kick in so that will be a big help on finances. A lot of people on this forum can use some mental health counseling, considering how the world is going in a spiral. Duh.

I'm not familiar with the Winnebago Vita RV, but it looks like a nice Class-C and those are very nice living. I've had my Savana van for 3 years, and definitely it's more like camping out. Good luck.

I just left Mammoth CA on Wednesday after a week. It was great, one of my favorite places, but I have an appointment elsewhere.

Qxxx said:
Mammoth? CA or KY? If CA. are the campgrounds in town open, and the rest of CGs in the Sierra?

Welcome to the forum and your new life, Josh :) . In another 10 years or so, Social Security will kick in so that will be a big help on finances. A lot of people on this forum can use some mental health counseling, considering how the world is going in a spiral. Duh.
Hi. Mammoth Lakes, CA. Most campgrounds around Mammoth are open. State and National parks are often closed. Currently in Yosemite Valley. Only a few campgrounds are open and are perpetually booked up. I'll leave a tip jar out. The doctor is in ;)

welcome! hope yosemite is fun. i just was at ebbetts pass. i guess this weekend it'll be kind of full, maybe.... i guess yosemite is alreadfy full, and will be even more so on the weekend. ebbett's was exquisite, not with the monumental wows of yosemite, i guess.............. have fun!

i have heard that you can reserve an entry to yosemite a week in advance.  now that labor day is here it should thin out during the week.  i hope so, as i plan to go there soon.  post here if you get it.

Or many weeks in advance. You can also camp in many national forest CGs outside of Yosemite and do day visits.

absolutely.  i'm keeoing a close watch on the calfure website to try and avoid fires and fire crews.  but, i do love boondocking near water.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’ve seen that Winnie and if I could afford one I’d had one. What kind of gas mileage does it get. I’m in a 98 dodge van conversion van and if I’m lucky I get 17 miles per gallon. More like 15. Blessings in your travels.