Hello from Indiana

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simplylivingwell

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have followed this website for many years. I have always dreamed of retiring and traveling. Unfortunately my husband of 47 years recently passed and I will now be traveling alone. In the last few years we did a lot of tent camping in Florida and loved it so I want to continue doing that for now. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that can hold a lot of gear so that is what I will be using. I am a very reserved person who loves crafts, reading, and hiking. I would love to meet up with other females who are interested in the same things. I may not be able to leave until spring because I need to find a new smaller permanent home. Hope to make some new friends.

Simplylivingwell, I,m sorry for your recent loss. I wish you well on your adventures in camping and I applaud your spirit. Keep it up. Thanks Jeff.

Welcome SLW to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

sorry for your loss. keep your spirits up.

highdesertranger

Whereabouts in Indiana? I've lived all over the state: Madison, Lafayette, Logansport, Frankfort, and Indy. I'm in Florida now but will always consider myself a Hoosier. I have a Jeep also, but a Liberty

So sorry to hear of your loss.  I'm sure it's going to take awhile to adjust before trying to do much of anything. 

If you have a family lawyer who is helping you with estate matters you may want to inquire of any tax advantages you may have.  Capital Gains if you sell your home and find a Condo or place you won't have to worry about if you go on the road. (where someone could keep an eye on it for you...or get set up with a smart house burglar alarm with cameras)

A friend of mine moved to Knoxville eastern Tennessee (State with no State Income Tax) where works as a Park Ranger. Some of us met up at a Christmas Party and she's explaining how she loves being on the edge of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.  Great places for outdoor life should that be of interest to you.

[quote pid='480989' dateline='1577487592']
Hello! I live in Indiana too!
[/quote]
I also drive a Grand Cherokee. I am traveling to the RTR this year with it and my dog. Where in Indiana ? I'm near Bloomington.

sleepydogtravels said:
Whereabouts in Indiana? I've lived all over the state: Madison, Lafayette, Logansport, Frankfort, and Indy. I'm in Florida now but will always consider myself a Hoosier. I have a Jeep also, but a Liberty
I live in the country between Lebanon and Zionsville. Trying to make a lot of decisions about the future; in housing and camping.