Hello, forum folk!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mockturtle

Reaction score
I've been on several other RV forums for quite a while but only found this one recently.&nbsp; I have a 2000 Born Free 24RB Class C and tow a 2002 Honda CR-V.&nbsp; <br><br>Right now I don't do much RV-ing because my husband is in a nursing home after a long illness but I plan to live in the RV at some point.&nbsp; I own a house but, if I have to choose [and I surely will] between a 'stick &amp; brick' and an RV, the RV will win!&nbsp; Been RV-ing since 1994 and fulltimed for two years with my husband in the 90's.&nbsp; We had a 36' Foretravel then.&nbsp; Loved fulltiming and it was more affordable, then, especially diesel!! .&nbsp; Medical and nursing home costs have pretty well wiped us out so frugal RV-ing is the only kind I'll be able to afford.&nbsp; Look forward to learning a lot of tips from you guys [and gals].&nbsp; Being a minimalist at heart makes it easier.&nbsp; <br><br>Here's a picture of my rig and a picture of me.&nbsp; The pictures are both almost three years old--it's the last photo I took of myself in my coach and it's a little blurry.&nbsp; <br><br>
BFrig.jpg
&nbsp; <br><br>
Image002-1.jpg
<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br><br>

Hello and hope this finds you in good health and spirits... I hate to be morbid, but when the time comes when you are alone and RVing you may look for a travel buddy to split the cost of your adventures thus you save %50 off the top...<br><br>Welcome aboard Mockturtle...<br><br>

Welcome from New Mexico MockTurtle, great to have you. Lots of great folks here and any questions will be answered or bandied about until they are ragged....<br>Blessing for the both of you and I hope your hubby bounces back with good health,<br>You are definitely in the right place with us....<br>Bri<br><br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">From your post and your picture, you seem to be a brave and resourceful person. Some wise person said "Life is what really happens ... while we are making our plans."</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">None of us truly know what will happen tomorrow, so we need to remain flexible and focus on what will make <u>us</u> truly happy. Good luck managing what ever comes, and welcome, Mockturtle, to this forum.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Keep us posted, and we'll keep you in our positive thoughts.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Bob</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>

SoulRaven said:
Hello and hope this finds you in good health and spirits... I hate to be morbid, but when the time comes when you are alone and RVing you may look for a travel buddy to split the cost of your adventures thus you save %50 off the top...<br><br>Welcome aboard Mockturtle...<br><br>
Nope, no travel buddy for me, other than my faithful pooch. ;-)&nbsp; Wouldn't mind meeting up with other people from time to time, though.&nbsp; <br>

&nbsp;Welcome Mockturtle! I've seen your posts on RVNet. Bornfree makes a nice little motorhome- perfect for fugal rving!<br>

Welcome aboard mockturtle! Wow, that is a beautiful rig, and the perfect set-up for RVing with the cost of fuel right now.&nbsp;<div>I wish you luck and hope your husband will be o.k.. &nbsp;I know how hard it is when you are uncertain about what is going to happen in your life, I am right there in the same place so I can relate. &nbsp;Just remember to try and stay strong and don't forget to take care of you. &nbsp;Hope to here more from you in the future. Keep us posted.</div>

<p style="margin: 0px;">Welcome Mockturtle.&nbsp; It will be great to have another experienced RVer.&nbsp;Enjoy your travels.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Rae</p>

Welcome mockturtle,<br>This is a good place to learn a lot of stuff or just spend time shootin' the breeze.<br>Good Luck to you and yours,<br>gus<br><br>

Latest posts