Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetpea01

Reaction score
New to this site. My husband and I are Baptist Christians. We plan on buying a van as soon as we save up the money. We did the nomad lifestyle for a year out in New Mexico so we could save money to come back to the east coast. We've been in Delaware for about 3 years now and my husband bought a house. I was not thrilled about going back into a stick and brick but he never owned a house before and living in an old RV for that year was not his cup of tea as it always needed work because the sellers were not very truthful. It was our first RV purchase and we didn't know better. It was a heavy old thing and we got skinned for sure. Now he is sick of his job and ready to be out from under all the bills that eat up almost all of his paycheck. Of course he needs to get secure with some good savings before he tries this again but in a van so it will be most likely another 2 to 3 years. I have unbelievable itchy feet so living this boring lifestyle has been pretty hard for me but I had to show my husband how awful it is to be under so much financial debt that comes with a stick and brick. Luckily, it's only taken him about 2 years to realize that this is not a life and at 55 he's getting pretty tired of working since he' been working his ENTIRE life. Because of his age he is really tired all the time and I worry about him bottoming out from working so hard. 
I've been a huge fan of Bob since I first lived the nomad lifestyle because he taught me how to do it and I've pretty much convinced my husband to give it another try. I've let him watch Bob's videos and he says he has a plan to do it in 5 years but with some gentle pushing I may get him to a position to do it sooner. Luckily our home value has went way up since we bought it so selling it would give us a very nice saving in another 2 or 3 years. 
I've starting saving for a van but I still have a ways to go but I told him that when we get a van we can get it livable and we could move into it and we sell our house and our stuff and put all of it into savings. He then works 1 year to save more and then we take off. 
I'm doing this forum thing to learn as much as I can. My husband will feel better if he can at least work part time so I need to gain better knowledge on part time work and seasonal work for nomads until he hits retirement age and gets that steady money coming. I also want to learn of free parking better and where all the good places are. 
I would like to find a good Christian forum that are Baptist and maybe make some friends to help guide me and teach me.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Sweetpea01! Read some of the threads in the forum sections that pertain to what you're concerned about. If you don't find answers there please feel free to ask questions. We're here to help! Good luck with your search for a nomadic home!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum sweet pea 01. I’m from PA but spent lots of summers in Delaware. So I’m glad you’re looking towards the nomad lifestyle and you have the experience of knowing what it’s like before. Keep in touch maybe we’ll get to camp together somewhere right now I’m a Snowbird in Florida. Not in my van but in a nursing home trying to cure a sore foot that had partial amputation. But as soon as I can walk on it it’s back into the van again and hopefully back into the wildlife photography in this area. I hope you are blessed to get what you want and need.