Hello Folks!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deryk_the_gypsy

Reaction score
Sorry, I never posted an intro, so here it is!  I am 51 from NJ.  Had a fall on the job in 2017, several types of treatments and finally a spinal fusion last year...and ended up filing for disability last month.  Sucks but such is life.  I am not currently Vandwelling, but it was always something I wanted to do as a snowbird, take off for the cold winter and travel south and west.  

I am kind of handy, the back limitations makes things challenging but at the worst a job just takes me 10 times as long because of needing to take breaks...I am just thankful of what I still can do, and not try to concentrate on what I can't do.  I do some carpentry and leather working on the side... usually for myself but I do sell some of my leatherwork on etsy.  I am a bit of a nerd/geek lol... as much as I loved hiking and backpacking, sailing, canoeing and all that...I can talk about star wars and star trek till the cows come home lol.

I have a cabin in the Pocono mountains of Pa (ok, it's a sweet 54yo higher end 10x52' Mobile Home that was pretty well taken care of) on a little over an acre.  Quiet, tranquil...the place I want to eventually move to.  But winters are long wet and cold and I am sure any of you who have arthritis or old injuries understands what I am talking about lol.

I have been on the hunt for a smaller van to do some weekend campout's and it will also be my daily driver.  I have a pretty bad back and sometimes laying down on my side for a little while makes a world of difference for my pain so the idea of having something comfortable to rest on it just makes sense to have a van.

I actually put a deposit down on a van...if all goes well then Friday I will post some pictures.  Till then https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/06cedac0-906e-4f0a-ba1c-d476a8020a78#Hkiuc0L7pE.copy

Attachments

• 06172017NewFrontPicResized.jpg
    06172017NewFrontPicResized.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the CRVL forums Deryk! Thanks for the introduction. Beautiful area for your little home but it is nice be able to spend the winter in the warm south. :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts