healing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderson5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,i am new here,my name is michael i am 56 live on a fixed income.well my story is i bought a mini van a used one to disperse camp in full time and a tent for more room,lol.my soul needs healing and i feel this will really help me heal,family hurt me,tired of putting up with rotten folks and need a break from all that.i have always had just a few close friends i enjoy hanging with and am not a total introvert but need alone time.so anyways hoping to meet some people on my travels and make a few close friends,be safe and enjoy yourselves,leaving on my journey in october.

Welcome!! I love my minivan for exploring and camping. You will enjoy the forums and all of the information that others have shared!!

jacqueg said:
Welcome, I have found this life is very good to those of us who need more solitude.

Where are you coming from, and where do you think you'll go first?
hi,well i am in roswell new mexico was thinking of heading to either quartzite,maybe by the river in ehrenburg but was told it might be still to hot?i can handle mid to lower 90s but if its still in the 100s was thinking on checking out safford arizona

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum. It’s still too hot in Quartzsite and Ehrenberg! Maki has been camping in Arizona in cooler spots all summer. Might want to ask her about a good spot to be now.

Hi everyone,i am new here,my name is michael i am 56 live on a fixed income.well my story is i bought a mini van a used one to disperse camp in full time and a tent for more room,lol.my soul needs healing and i feel this will really help me heal,family hurt me,tired of putting up with rotten folks and need a break from all that.i have always had just a few close friends i enjoy hanging with and am not a total introvert but need alone time.so anyways hoping to meet some people on my travels and make a few close friends,be safe and enjoy yourselves,leaving on my journey in october.
Question: How were you "hurt". Do you mean like hurt feelings or some how physically hurt? Promises not kept? Were you stolen from? Lied to or about?
You said "healing" That takes time but still leaves scars that never go away, you carry them with you wherever you hide out. Some call it "baggage".
In any case, starting fresh means really starting fresh. It can take many months or even years to de-compress from the old. Be careful that you do not infect the new beginning with old stuff. New friends are just like old friends just different place and time.
You are 56. Probably set in your ways, some call is stubborn. And that's ok so long as you are stubborn in a practical way that universally works for everyone. Take stock of how you can be a better friend. Don't fall into a habit of expecting your choices to match others choices. When you make a choice, good or bad, right or wrong, it will be yours alone.
Boon docking involves many choices. like getting stuck in the sand as you drive to a chosen spot. what then?
You alone have to examine what part you might have played in making your friends "rotten" Could it have been your poor choice of friends? Could it have been your expectations not met by family or friends. Could it have been not measuring up to their expectations even though you did your best.
You are who you are, bumps, warts and scars. True friends take you as you are. Not who they wish you were, They don't try to change you into their vision of perfection. no such thing. If your best is not good enough, their bad luck, move along, don't be needy and hang on like a life preserver, cut your losses and move along.
This nomad life is both a physical adventure, it's a personal adventure as well.
Take nomad life as you find it, not as you wish it were. Like life in general, perfection does not exist.
Ken