Guitar mounting ideas anyone?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty Van Halen

Reaction score
I play guitar and I’m looking for a way to mount my classical  guitar horizontally on the wall panel in the van. I was just wondering if any of you guys have done this and if you have any recommendations on how to do the mounting securely.

Attachments

• CBD5E6E9-630B-490D-827A-7456BA2561DA.jpeg
    CBD5E6E9-630B-490D-827A-7456BA2561DA.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 5
Not a guitar but I have my canoe paddle mounted horizontally in the van.

I used  pieces of velcro cut long enough to give me a good wrap around the handle in 2 places - one near the top of the handle and one near the base. I used a flat washer and a screw on each set of velcro so attach it to the wall.

You'd have to figure out where on the guitar you'd prefer to have the velcro and you might want to attach the velcro in two spots so it's wide enough to go around the body.

To prevent the paddle from banging against the wall of the van during motion I have to make sure that it's held really snugly. You might want to pad out the wall or the back of the guitar to make sure that no rubbing damage can occur.

I got the idea for it after seeing fastener sets made of velcro at the RV show in Quartzite. They weren't exactly the right length and they wouldn't fit my paddle but the idea was there.

Of course one "Cool" way to display and protect the guitar would be to "French" it into the wall...…….

Cut a hole in the paneling with a box framed behind the wall sized to hold the body of the guitar...….a few straps hold it in place

Best way that I have ever seen to mount a guitar

https://goo.gl/images/FgPYEZ

But seriously, stand the guitar up behind a front seat is probably one of the most space efficient places to put it. Use the dead space behind the angled seat back.

Go through the front hole in the guitar and shoot in some sheet rock screws.
Just Kidding, I have a guitar also. Now if you had an old guitar case, you could do that to the case and just put the guitar into it.
At Home Depot in the hardware section they sell these little brackets that attach with 2 screws. At the end of these brackets is a swiveling D ring. A few of those and some bungies would do it. You could also hang from the ceiling with those.

Did you ever mount your guitar? I want to mount mine and will fit it into insulation and cover that with the same material as a Les Paul case. Insulate the back and sides and have a simple cloth cover fold down in front with a couple straps locking it into place.

Less secure, looks good, good if you require constant access/decoration...

The same method as a floor guitar stand; two arms covered with soft foam to rest the body in an upright position, two fingers covered in foam that cradle the neck, with some soft bungees across body and neck.

More secure, darn near indestructible, less access...

Hard case.

Or some mixture of the two...

Floor stand set-up at camp/around town when you want access, hardcase long trips cross-country.

I just bought a good hard case for mine in anticipation of the travel I'll be doing. If I could figure out a way to mount that on a wall, it might help. Well, time will tell ...

I was just last night figuring out if I could mount mine (in case) crossways on the ceiling behind the drivers/passenger seats, and still have enough headroom for that part of my living space. (Ford van)
Basically I would build a shelf/cubby across that section of the van, with a door - or at least a drop down ledge so it cant slide out when driving.
I believe it will work.
Been trying to figure out what to do with my guitar for a long time now.

Matty Van Halen said:
I play guitar and I’m looking for a way to mount my classical  guitar horizontally on the wall panel in the van. I was just wondering if any of you guys have done this and if you have any recommendations on how to do the mounting securely.

I'm using the same idea: fastener sets made of velcro and it works well.

Keywords that you need to see actual images of various options for horizontal mounting

horizontal guitar mount

Attachments

• webbing eye strap 1.jpg
    webbing eye strap 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 11
Why not mount it to the ceiling?  People do that with Stetson hats to keep them safe.  It could be mounted longitudinally or laterally.  I'm thinking the body of the guitar above and just behind the driver, with the yoke extending toward center between the seats... Just in case the driver needs to grab it quick while responding to a guitar emergency.  Lol!  :D

Latest posts