Group support in health goals

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best measurements of success are how my clpthes fit and how much physical activity I can handle.

My belt has gone from the first hole to having to punch 4 new holes.

I just mowed my entire lawn. I stopped.for.a.few minutes about halfnway through to catch my breath.and refill my water bottle. That's almost two acres of hill with a self.propelled mower in about 2 hours. The last time I mowed I had to stop three times for breaks.

So much water. 1 liter before I started. 1 liter durring the first half. 1liter durring my break. 1 liter for the.second half. Just finished another liter. My clothes are litterally soaked through head to toe. I'm tired. A little sore but I feel pretty good.

Time for a shower a beer and dinner.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
My best measurements of success are how my clpthes fit and how much physical activity I can handle

I've gone from xsize 40 to size 34 pants in the last 18 months.  I'm hanging out in Clarksdale Ms, and they have no anytime fitness, so I got a short time snap fitness pass.  But I've gained5 pounds.  Ic' getting stronger, I did 16 push-ups, but I still have a little gut I need to lose.

That's great Bruce. I'm dieting as well and joined a local gym today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm under 160, 159 actually.  Been hitting the gym every day.  Being old it takes a lot longer to get in shape, but it's happening.  When you're 70, they say your maximum heart rate is 150.  I've gotten my heart up to 159, but then I get scared and stop.  I don't talk about fitness on facebook, I have so many friends who are over-weight, obese, and morbidly obese.  Once you're 100 pounds over-weight, you can't just lose it, you'll have excess skin to deal with.  Fitness- there's nothing like it!

Bruce, you are doing great, congratulations!

I'm heading off for a swim in a few. Made a breakfast of fresh fruit and scrambled eggs with far more mushrooms/onions/peppers than egg, it was amazing.

Queen said:
Made a breakfast of fresh fruit and scrambled eggs with far more mushrooms/onions/peppers than egg, it was amazing.
I've gotten in the bad habit of eating bacon and eggs and toast every morning.  Your breakfast is much better.

HarmonicaBruce said:
I've gotten in the bad habit of eating bacon and eggs and toast every morning.  Your breakfast is much better.

I've found that a bunch of mushrooms helps with that desire for meatiness. Seems to help when I'm craving bacon or sausage. Also helps when I add a bunch of them (sauteed) to meat, makes a smaller portion do the trick.

Queen said:
Made a breakfast of fresh fruit and scrambled eggs with far more mushrooms/onions/peppers than egg, it was amazing.
I've gotten in the bad habit of eating bacon and eggs and toast every morning.  Your breakfast is much better.  I need to buckle down!

I'm pretty stuck at 162 pounds.  Yesterday I did 101 sit-ups.  I've been doing 50 push ups everyday, (not all at once).  I've been doing wind sprints on the elliptical.  I do 1 minute at a normal pace, then go as fast as I can for 15 seconds.  They are brutal.  At 5'9", the range for "normal" weight is 128 to 169, so 150 is right in the middle.  It ain't easy, but totally worth the effort.

You sure are motivated Bruce. Right now I'm doing what I need to do also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yogidog said:
Hello all:)

I am starting a thread where we can talk about diet and exercise goals and how we are meeting them or in my case what is holding me back :) it came to mind when in the woman section we were talking about clothes, then turned to carbohydrates:) As usual we have more in common to unite us than differences to divide us:)

Any ideas on how to do this are very welcome.
Yogidog,
I am doing ketogenic lifestyle mostly, after losing 25 lbs. on it.  I used MyFitnessPal which tracks all of your macros (fat, protein, carbs, etc.)  You just type in what you eat and it does all the work for you.  I reached my goal in 6 months and love this way of eating whole foods, mostly.  Check it out, it's free, but you can upgrade to premium.  If you decide **** is good for you here is another website to figure your macros:  https://****-calculator.ankerl.com/  There are many youtube vids on it or websites with good recipes.  Also, HIIT training for exercise. Lifting weights (don't have to be heavy ) builds muscle, and muscle burns more calories (and you look better.) **** is good for diabetics and epileptics, but check with your doctor. Good luck in what you decide to do.

XFILE36 said:
I am doing ketogenic lifestyle mostly, after losing 25 lbs. on it. 

I used MyFitnessPal which tracks all of your macros (fat, protein, carbs, etc.)  You just type in what you eat and it does all the work for you....

Lifting weights... 
My son likes some diet developed by a Dr. Sears, it involves balancing carbs, fats and proteins.  I'm trying to put on some muscle so I don't want to skimp on protein.  I haven't really had time to study diet much.

About a week ago I started doing 50 push-ups a day.  Its been taking me 4 sets.  I've been doing like 17, 15, 12, 8.  Each set I do all I can.  Today I did 20 in my first set, a personal best, then did it again my second set.  

When it comes to diet, I cheat.  I'm still making progress (with losing weight), which makes it harder not to cheat.  I don't eat any donuts, candy, or sugar, but I still eat bread, which I need to cut out.  And I have breakfast everyday.  I eat a lot of fruit, bananas, apples, grapefruit, etc.  Probably too much.  Most days I have 4-5 beers (lite).  For dinner I should have a side salad but I order the pot roast.  Just reading this disgusts me!

It's totally worth it.  Everytime I see someone my age 50 pounds overweight walking with a cane.  When I see someone younger than me, morbidly obese, parking in the handicap spot so he doesn't have to walk.  I have free will, like we all do, and that's not going to be me.  Exercise sucks, dieting sucks, but not being fit sucks more.  Getting old sucks, but not as much as dying young.

XFILE36 said:
I am doing ketogenic lifestyle mostly, after losing 25 lbs. on it. 

I used MyFitnessPal which tracks all of your macros (fat, protein, carbs, etc.)  You just type in what you eat and it does all the work for you....

Lifting weights... 
My son likes some diet developed by a Dr. Sears, it involves balancing carbs, fats and proteins.  I'm trying to put on some muscle so I don't want to skimp on protein.  I haven't really had time to study diet much.

About a week ago I started doing 50 push-ups a day.  Its been taking me 4 sets.  I've been doing like 17, 15, 12, 8.  Each set I do all I can.  Today I did 20 in my first set, a personal best, then did it again my second set.  

When it comes to diet, I cheat.  I'm still making progress (with losing weight), which makes it harder not to cheat.  I don't eat any donuts, candy, or sugar, but I still eat bread, which I need to cut out.  And I have breakfast everyday.  I eat a lot of fruit, bananas, apples, grapefruit, etc.  Probably too much.  Most days I have 4-5 beers (lite).  For dinner I should have a side salad but I order the pot roast.  Just reading this disgusts me!

It's totally worth it.  Everytime I see someone my age 50 pounds overweight walking with a cane.  When I see someone younger than me, morbidly obese, parking in the handicap spot so he doesn't have to walk.  I have free will, like we all do, and that's not going to be me.  Exercise sucks, dieting sucks, but not being fit sucks more.  Getting old sucks, but not as much as dying young.