What's the cleanest, cheapest, most minimal eating I can do?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no kitchen in my van at all; no stove or food cooler. Instead, I put a clothes washer/spiner where a frig/stove would go (but that's another story). Straight out of the bottle I eat peanut butter (germs won't grow in it because of no water) and mayonnaise (germs won't grow in it because of high vinegar content). I eat a bunch of Chlorella-Spirulina tablets every day, it being the perfect food balance, one of the very few foods one could eat exclusively and stay healthy. Separately, I mix ground pecans, fat-free powdered milk, and oats together in water as a kind of delicious cereal. In addition, I take several kinds of vitamins, including Nucific BIO-X4 which keeps me feeling full of energy and wonderful all day! And I never tire of my complete diet, month after month, because it all agrees with my body's needs so perfectly.
This is a diet lacking in fresh fruit or vegetables, hence lacking in enzymes present in fresh food. Not refrigerating mayonnaise is just asking for food poisoning, as organisms most certainly WILL grow in it, and in the peanut butter too. It isn't the organisms themselves that make you sick, it is the toxins they generate that do. If you are eating real peanut butter that must be stirred, not the stuff sold with cute names and tons of added sugar, it WILL spoil if not refrigerated. The sugar in the "peanut butter" is what keeps it from spoiling, and to some extent, the added salt.

I covered for that. Keep your diet the same and it doesn't make any difference how you schedule eating = the cost of said calories is the same.

I have seen no peer reviewed studies that claimed your resting metabolic energy needs change over time with any healthy fasting regimen.
There have been studies that showed eating earlier was better for the body than eating later in the evening.

This is a diet lacking in fresh fruit or vegetables, hence lacking in enzymes present in fresh food. Not refrigerating mayonnaise is just asking for food poisoning, as organisms most certainly WILL grow in it, and in the peanut butter too. It isn't the organisms themselves that make you sick, it is the toxins they generate that do. If you are eating real peanut butter that must be stirred, not the stuff sold with cute names and tons of added sugar, it WILL spoil if not refrigerated. The sugar in the "peanut butter" is what keeps it from spoiling, and to some extent, the added salt.
It's actually the oil that keeps peanut butter from spoiling. Peanut butter won't spoil but the oil in it will go rancid, usually within 9 to 12 months from the time it's opened. Store bought mayonnaise is good out of the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 months before it starts turning colors and growing mold.

That being said, while the diet is definitely lacking in fruits and vegetables, the Chlorella-Spirulina tablets are doing a good job of saving it. Overall, as long as they're taking enough of the Chlorella-Spirulina tablets, the diet is healthier than most American diets.

Eating a couple eggs for breakfast helps stabilize blood sugar for the rest of the day. A fatty breakfast is actually GOOD for you in this regard. I eat a large breakfast, a snack mid afternoon, and a decent dinner at around 18:00. Seems to work for me. I'm just 3 pounds heavier than when I retired from a USAF Special Warfare Unit 20 years ago...

Cheers!

Eating a couple eggs for breakfast helps stabilize blood sugar for the rest of the day. A fatty breakfast is actually GOOD for you in this regard
Yup, you have a half of a **** (low carbs) diet.

Most diets are about regulating the blood sugar, which regulates insulin, and the "hunger hormones," leptin and ghrelin. Also, eating earlier in the day increases metabolism (when you are hungry, body slows down metabolism to save, yes, fat, to survive possible famine). Fat cells are also a body organ and is involved in the interplay of hormones.

Eat Less. Exercise More.
60-90 minutes of hard exercise plus three mile walks almost every day. A "garbanzo bean, salad mix, cashew & dressing" meal every day. Beans, rice, burritos, yogurt, etc. Toast with lots of butter every morning so my vitamin D supplements are properly absorbed. I'm not taking social security until I'm 70 and my primary job each day is to stay healthy and extend my lifespan; I want to milk the government for every penny possible since I paid in for so many years. ;)

Eating a couple eggs for breakfast helps stabilize blood sugar for the rest of the day. A fatty breakfast is actually GOOD for you in this regard. I eat a large breakfast, a snack mid afternoon, and a decent dinner at around 18:00. Seems to work for me. I'm just 3 pounds heavier than when I retired from a USAF Special Warfare Unit 20 years ago...

Cheers!
i have to search vegan recipes because I'm allergic to eggs. The perfect low calorie protein so depressing

I'm thinking if I'm going to be vehicle-dwelling, I want to do it so that during the week, I don't have to cook anything, and on the weekends, I have the option of cooking full meals.

I'm going to start trying salads. Maybe eat a fat and protein-rich meal for lunch, and then eat a big salad for dinner.

I was thinking for lunch, carry a jar of plain Greek yogurt with nuts, berries, maybe a dark chocolate morsels, and a nut butter mixed in it, and for dinner, either a nut butter sandwich with sprouted bread, or a salad.

I don't know much about nutrition, but I've realized just how much my poor diet has impacted my mental health and energy levels, and am trying to change to a more paleo and more vegan diet, revolving around raw, mostly green vegetables, some fruit, and nuts. Maybe boil up some hard-boiled eggs on the weekend and add them to the salad or have them for lunch.

Does anyone have an tips or recommendations on this?
Also, how much should I be expecting to spend trying to eat healthy out of a vehicle on two meals a day?
1) MARUCHAN instant Lunches.
2) Multi-vitamin combination.
3) Fish Oil
4) 5 to 6 liters of bottled water daily.