Greetings from Wisconsin!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaSandy

Reaction score
Made the decision to get a van and now am feeling overwhelmed with how to build it out.  I’m here looking for advice and wisdom as well as offering encouragement.  
Sandy

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here with us.

My Chevy cargo van is SIMPLE inside, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Don’t let the “build out“ overwhelm you. At the very least you need a dedicated place to sleep sorted out - learn from my biggest mistake there! lol. A couple of homer buckets for the needful, cooler, a stove and some water jugs. You can take your time with the rest and build it to suit along the way. It’s helpful to look at what other people have done. Also look around at the stuff you already have and see what might be re-purposed into the van, like cabinets, Bedding, shelves, plastic drawers, bins, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the CRVL forums BamaSandy! Good advice from talcon. Furnish the van minimally and go camping. Rearrange until everything feels right then decide how elaborate you want to make your build. One step at a time and you'll get it done.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts