Greetings From Dan 1

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan 1

Reaction score
Hello everybody. It is good to establish contact with you here. 

I have been of Good Heart and Mind Nomadic Spirit  since about 1963. Though I have failed to achieve actual permanent Nomadic status up to now.

I am a 74 year old pale male that presently lives in Yerington, Nevada.

My vehicle is a fairly old Nissan pick up truck that is ok for camping (tents) but not for fully committed Rubber Tire Nomadism.

I have been a student of and an admirer of "New Tribalism" and have worked on developmental theories of New Tribalism, Old Tribalism and, now, (thanks to finally awakening to the possibilities of the "Evolutionary Nomadism" that thrives in Our Nation today), "Living Evolutionary Tribalism". You are where Old Tribe Historical Knowledge and Imaginative New Tribe Theory comes before the "Living Evolutionary Nomadic Fire"...in Your Caravans and Camps.

This is a very exciting moment for me, as I reach out to You in a feeling of Kinship. I plan to come to You soon and see if I can harmonize, even unto New Friendships, with You. I see You on "You Tube" and have found You to be warm and gracious, as You work with 'Inspiration Leader Bob Wells", in sharing Your Communal and Individual messages of Hope and Possibilities for More and Better Ways of Life, in Our Nation and World.

I Hope for much Good to come of this contact. 

Respectfully Submitted,  Dan 1

hey Dan......so what's the plan Stan....I mean Dan...ref:

wecome!!!

Welcome Dan to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I know a couple of your neighbors.

highdesertranger

I never knew I was part of the New Old NeoEvolutionary Nomadic Tribalism, and the Fire that lives within it. But cool!  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Dan 1

Hi "Travelaround". Than you for the welcome. I look forward to taking a place at the council fire. I will probably have to earn it in some way.

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Dan to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.  

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I know a couple of your neighbors.

highdesertranger

Howdy, "highdesertranger". Thank you for the welcome and good advice. I will click on the url and give a read. I believe I can reasonably conform to the "two simple over-riding principles" that you shared with me. I do plan to be fairly active in here, because I believe there are many Good People in here that I can lean from.         Dan 1

Buster1903 said:
I never knew I was part of the New Old NeoEvolutionary Nomadic Tribalism, and the Fire that lives within it. But cool!  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Dan 1
Hello, "Buster 1903". Thank you for the Friendly comment and the "thumbs up". It would also be "cool" to think of You as being a part of the "New Evolutionary Nomadic Tribalism", which is only what I call it because of my peculiar perspective of it. I have only been aware of this Truth (The "Bob Wellian Tribe") for about six months. It took me that long to realize what was happening in all this. Have you ever looked for your flashlight and finally found it in your front pocket? That's kinda how I felt when I realized about You Folks. You were on a parallel path all along.

And yes. You are right to perceive the Fire within "it". It felt good to see your capital F of the word fire too. You instinctively showed a tiny bit of respect when you did that. Cool! 

I Hope to see more from You soon.  Respectfully,  Dan 1

If I may ask, how long have you lived the New Nomadic Life?

wildbill said:
hey Dan......so what's the plan Stan....I mean Dan...ref:  

wecome!!!

Hi "wildbill". Thank you for the welcome. It is interesting that you sense a "plan" in my comments. I am involved with "plans within plans, but I have to be careful here. Maybe I can say more about this in my profile?

But, I think my "plan" right now is to gently take an outside seat at your Fire and settle among you. You might say, I am a student of your Path and Fire. I would do better to read more and write less. The videos on "You Tube" are a great source of learning about You too. Thank you for the address. I'll check it out.

I already made a mistake in posting a blog url in my first message here. but maybe a "Moderator" was gracious enough to remove it for me. I learned about this rule after I had entered my first introductory comment here.

Hope to see More from You.  Respectfully,   Dan 1

Majorcache said:
Welcome Dan 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Hello, "Majorcache". Thank you for the welcome. I don't have a cell phone, but I am thinking of getting one. Mobile communications is always a good idea.

HI and Welcome!!

you aren't committed to being on the road just yet, are your plans to fix up your truck and hit the road full time?
A lot of fun out there on the road :) go get yourself some of it while ya can! :)

Dan 1 said:
"New Evolutionary Nomadic Tribalism", which is only what I call it because of my peculiar perspective of it.

If I may ask, how long have you lived the New Nomadic Life?

My post was written in a way to get a giggle, but I meant no disrespect by it. I like your perspective and if "New Evolutionary Nomadic Tribalism" is what you call it then I'm in! My nomadic life may be a financial necessity as much as a leap to freedom. But, my passion to travel, see new places, and meet new people has never been stronger. 
I'm at the start of my adventure. My sticks and bricks living situation is complicated/sticky, but I plan to spend most of my time on the road over the next six months. I hope to meet you by The Fire sometime soon.

Buster

Thank you for the kind Welcome, "RoamerRV428". Good observing and question too. My status as a Modern Nomad might be as a member of the "Tent People". This is because of a Social Security income of about $1100.00 per month and finding it difficult to save sheckels for "upgrading" to Van, or Class C Level.

I am a caregiver for my 80 year old New Sweetheart and Us old fuddy duddies have to enter Nomadism a step at a time. 

I have a really dependable (so far - so very far) Little "Nisssan" pick up truck (1986) and I think Our first Nomadic "Expansion" move will be to get a small trailer for it that Oleta can sleep in at night. Something nice and cozy for Her. I am still "strong" enough to enjoy tenting. 

So, Our plan is to do some research for Caravan Swing Through Stops at the local Wild Life Sanctuary, the new state park that is just South of Us and the county fair ground. I got the idea to do this from "Bullfrog"...in his posts here. First, I hope to be able to find out the attitudes of the relevant authorities about caravan groups camping in their jurisdictions, in say, November and December (earlier?) Then I hope to improve said "attitudes" through being a pleasant person, that they get used to seeing around in "their Territory". There are established campgrounds in both possible Caravan sites, but I don't know if they have "spill over" areas for special use, yet. After the "Paiute Pine Nut Festival" this weekend, I plan to start going to these potential sites to learn more about what's what and who's who. I like to think of myself as some kind of "half-heinee" forward scout for the Nomads that might come through here...on their journey to "Quartzite" and the "2020 RTR". Will begin posting here (I suppose) with what I learn in this effort.

Us "full time"? That has long been my Dream. But I really don't know yet. We are in the process of becoming physically stronger with becoming full-time Nomads in mind. Lots of "Coconut Oil" and "Turmeric" and avoidance of gluten type things. Seems to be working so far. We are planning to go down to the RTR 2020, to pay Our respects and learn.

Hi "Buster1903". Sorry I have taken so long to respond to you. I saw no disrespect in your previous post. I took you seriously. I think you have the Good Heart and Mind it takes to be a Good Nomad. Our experiences in this Quickening Movement will be very Educational and Rewarding. Yes. We will one day meet at "The Fire" and I am looking forward to this. I'm still in "sticks and bricks" too, but was fortunate enough to enter a pretty darn nice H.U.D. Apartment, that only charges one third of one's income. I will stay here and use this as a "base", until We become "strong enough" to increasingly become Nomads. Part of what is holding me is my need to have a place for my treasures and a place to do my writing, art work and crafts...as well as care for my Beloved Oleta...my "Little Idaho Potato". 

Please write and share with me more? It is Good to see from you.   Ol' Dan

Hey Dan 1:

Welcome to CRVL. You can make friends and learn a lot here. Enjoy yourself!

“New Evolutionary Nomatic Tribalism”; is that what I’m doing when parking in the Walmart lot over
Night!!!!!!!!! Sounds pretty upscale!

Thank you for the welcome, "speedhighway46". I am learning a lot here, as I study this social phenomena and interact with the members here.
To answer your question, I would think that your parking in the "Walmart" lot over night is a result of the Nomadic experience that is developing in The United States. Your activity in this, is one of several paths of New Nomadism, that an Individual can choose to do. All the "paths" represent the different degrees of dedication in which a Modern Nomad fulfills their personal needs.

Right now, based on my present Thoughts about this, I feel that the "solid core" of this social phenomena is in those that spend most of their time "Boondocking"...staying somewhat isolated in remote places. It adds an extra dimension to this, when they, for different reasons, "Gather" in the Southwest States, or Florida, to Live in warmer temperatures and socialize. This expansion and contraction is mostly influenced by the Seasons.

My interest in "Nomadism" goes back to about 1964, though there has been some influences throughout my Life. Many miles traveled at the age of three was maybe the first of these early influences. I (We) have seen a lot of change about this Living as a Traveler.

Thank you for your interest in what I am doing. Hope you have a good Friday.

LoveCareThinkDo said:
HEY!

I am currently just south of you at the Twenty Mile Beach Campground, on Walker Lake. I'm loving it here. My spot is so isolated that I have been getting in lots of good skinny-dipping.
Hi "LoveCareThinkDo". Thank you for the location report. I have never been there, except to drive by on the highway to "Hawthorne". About how many "Class B" rigs do you think would fit where you are?

Hello there dan 1!

Does your truck have a camper shell on it?

My "rig" is just a little hatchback car. I bet you could craft a lovely setup that is suits you nicely with a bit of imagination and ideas from websites like this, not to mention watching thousands of other people on youtube demonstrating there thoughts and ideas on nomading :D