Greetings From Dan 1

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Dan!! You and I are in the same age demographic and anyone that speaks sincerely of Path and Fire is some sort of kindred spirit of mine. 

I have only been full timing for a couple of months, primarily remote isolated wilderness camping but I have overnighted a good many times in parking lots when on long drives.

I just saw your post in the What are You Listening To thread which I will respond to tomorrow when more rested 

Shalom 
Marcus

Hi "namenlos86". My little pickup doesn't have a camper shell on it yet. I'm thinking of harvesting some Willow branches from the "Walker River" and weaving a "shell". Kind of a "wickiup" looking thing. I did this once before up in Washington and gradually I made it weatherproof with plastic pool sheeting and tarpage and it even had a nice Sun Hole in the top. Hardly leaked at all. But that first one was on a larger Ford pickup.

Yes. I have been viewing and reading with interest all the Ideas that address the making of sturdy "Nomad Wheels". I mentioned getting a trailer, so that my Oleta (80 years old) can have adequate comfort. Hope to have these things together by the next "RTR".

It was nice to see from you. Hope you will share more with me, as you can.     Dan 1

MaTaLa said:
Welcome Dan!! You and I are in the same age demographic and anyone that speaks sincerely of Path and Fire is some sort of kindred spirit of mine.
Thank you for the welcome, Marcus (MaTaLa) As long as one doesn't run out of essential supplies, camping in "isolated wilderness" is the best for certain types of Nomads. I reckon the "Cascades" and "Shasta National Forest" is the closest I have come to this. I envy you, in that you are a full timer in this Movement now. Congratulations and may you find much Happiness in this.

I forgot what I wrote in the string; "What Are You Listening". I will probably get a notification in my email when you post there.

It feels good to me, that you see me as some sort of "Kindred Spirit". I hope We will meet someday. Are you planning to go the "2020 RTR"? 

Dan 1