Greetings folks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ixdigitus

Reaction score
Planning to hit the road by this fall.  Finishing work middle of next month.  So far I have my Chevy extended van with a futon in the back with some memoryfoam and dense foam pads, about 7 inches worth, should be adequate to start.  Haven done any permanent builds yet, I want to see more of whats out there first.   I have a couple of battery packs and portable panels that I hope will handle my fridge and cpap but if not Ill expedite my plan to get some permanent solar mounted on the van with sufficient capacity.   I also have a cargo trailer that will be used initially for moving stuff down to family in Florida (From Wisconsin)  but then will become my workshop and standup kitchen.  It came with 200 watt panels, a cheap charge controller, and a marine deep cycle.  and a 5kw generator on the tounge.   The solar will handle the fan and lights and outdoor lights and such and if I have a project that requires power tools Ill park away from anyone and fire up the generator when necessary.  Its not actually that loud.

Kinda hope to offer handyman type services for cash and barter but we'll see.

If anyone happens to be in or near Madison WI this summer, I wouldnt mind a PM.  I need a little assistance installing my maxxfan because I had a toe amputated last week and cant really climb around on top of the van at the moment.  Ill figure it out either way but an assist would be really appreciated and I could offer the top end of my driveway and my back yard including gas and wood firepits, and hookups if needed.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts