Great paying easy gig.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

CDL and non CDL positions available. Driver's, bus loaders, fulers and cleaners.

If you have a CDL and passenger endorsement. There are several openings at Grand Canyon National Park.

Pay is 24 plus per hour for drivers. Overtime is available quite often also. Site is provided, all sites have water, power, dump.

I have been here over 4 years now. It's an easy gig and you can make some killer money working some OT. I can clear well over 1000 a week sometimes without issue.

I started seasonal but loved it here and went full time last year. Most people work 6 to 9 months then take the winter off and collect. Then come back in the spring.

I don't believe a regular RV is required. I have seen people live here in cargo trailers, schoolies, and vans. So just call and ask.

I will post the flyer up today when I get to work and take a picture of it. The pay is highest for drivers then goes down from there for filer, cleaners, loaders etc...

Will be down around Quartzite on 1/10 to 1/23 on vacation. If you want to ask me more questions I will be happy to tell you more .

Hey all,

CDL and non CDL positions available. Driver's, bus loaders, fulers and cleaners.

If you have a CDL and passenger endorsement. There are several openings at Grand Canyon National Park.

Pay is 24 plus per hour for drivers. Overtime is available quite often also. Site is provided, all sites have water, power, dump.

I have been here over 4 years now. It's an easy gig and you can make some killer money working some OT. I can clear well over 1000 a week sometimes without issue.

I started seasonal but loved it here and went full time last year. Most people work 6 to 9 months then take the winter off and collect. Then come back in the spring.

I don't believe a regular RV is required. I have seen people live here in cargo trailers, schoolies, and vans. So just call and ask.

I will post the flyer up today when I get to work and take a picture of it. The pay is highest for drivers then goes down from there for filer, cleaners, loaders etc...

Will be down around Quartzite on 1/10 to 1/23 on vacation. If you want to ask me more questions I will be happy to tell you more .

Attachments

• PXL_20220108_194611722.jpg
    PXL_20220108_194611722.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 42
Don't see any non-CDL driver jobs listed. Their listing on Coolworks only has CDL positions. Got a link?

Last edited:
Just curious.... Is a medical card required (with the CDL) for this job?

Is there a way to get a CDL without going to a school and paying a few thousand dollars?

Is there a way to get a CDL without going to a school and paying a few thousand dollars?
Many school districts will hire and train you for your CDL Class B. If you want a class A there are several companies that will train you but you have to work for them for a year or more or you owe them the money back.

I got my Class A back in 94. I went to community college. Best training I have ever had. That's the best route to take. But if you don't want to pay for it then your options are limited.

Yep, you must pass a DOT physical even to maintain your license now. I was forced to give up my CDL when a doctor ordered an unnecessary sleep test and I couldn't afford it so keep that in mind if you're a retired driver.

Otherwise, I went to trade school to get my CDL. It's not so much learning the actual driving(which is important don't get me wrong) but learning the legals that can either get you into our keep you out of trouble. Used to be someone could take you under their wing driving and you learned the law while driving. Now I don't recommend anything but a proper school.

If this is the same Peter Pan bus line that's in New England I'm assuming that bus drivers are driving full size coaches.

Thanks for the job posting. It's intriguing.

Yep, you must pass a DOT physical even to maintain your license now. I was forced to give up my CDL when a doctor ordered an unnecessary sleep test and I couldn't afford it so keep that in mind if you're a retired driver.

Otherwise, I went to trade school to get my CDL. It's not so much learning the actual driving(which is important don't get me wrong) but learning the legals that can either get you into our keep you out of trouble. Used to be someone could take you under their wing driving and you learned the law while driving. Now I don't recommend anything but a proper school.

If this is the same Peter Pan bus line that's in New England I'm assuming that bus drivers are driving full size coaches.

Thanks for the job posting. It's intriguing.
No not Peter Pan. The company is Paul Revere. Not full size coaches. They are standard size city buses. We do not have tour buses. It's a shuttle service for the National Park. It is a fixed route driving position. There are 4 different routes that we run.

Hey all,

Thank you for posting this. --Frank

I hadn't considered this. Do most of the rigs have air brakes? I have my class b from driving a bus but it had hydralics and I've never gotten the airbrake endorsement.

Yes air brake endorsement required. Very easy to get though. Just take the test it's super easy. There's a study app in the Google store. I use it to refresh my hazmat all the time

Plenty of work out there now for anyone looking.Good luck.

This is good to know. I have had my CDL for 30 years and haven't really needed it, no passenger endorsement but I do have tank endorsement.

Its been tough thinking of ways to make money on the road. Forgot about seasonal work then going on unemployment on the off season.

It's not for everyone but the pay is hard to beat. Not many workamping gigs pay 24 an hour plus overtime.