Gravity vs Pressurized Water Faucet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you get your water?

• I use a faucet and an electric pump just like an RV.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I use an electric pump of my own design/modification.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I use a small battery pump.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a pump-up sprayer.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I use plain, old gravity.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GCAdventurer said:
Has anyone had any feedback with 2gal pressurized pesticide sprayers? Obviously new out of the box, I just got one to use for rinsing sand and dirt off before getting into my van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what they are talking about when they say "pump up sprayer".

www.DirtTrackTravelers.com

OP: "Not having a faucet could be a problem when trying to look good for specific people like law enforcement or a nosy neighbor. If it looks like a miniature version of a real house, people will be impressed. If it looks like you just got done with a week of camping during hunting season, anyone looking may take a negative view."

Good luck with that attitude. A. None of those people matter. B. Most of them aren't going to get past the fact that you're living in a van. C. Looking at a nice set-up that probably cost some money will probably attract a certain type of person who will want to see what else you've got of value.

I've traveled many, many miles, and have never attracted the attention of cops except that time when one of my tail lights was out. If you are attracting cops, look carefully at what you're doing, and stop doing it.

You're not going to please everyone, no matter what you do. Build your van to suit yourself.

Canine said:
(...) but they let light in and that could contribute to algae growth (...)

I saw a guy who painted it black. Free warm water and no algae.

Latest posts