Government

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owl

Reaction score
Do you think it has a direct impact on your life as a van dweller? How?

Uffff!!!!

Insted of going into a huge long rant about how the Government has it's hand in EVERYTHING each and every one of us do, all the time...all I'll say is, how can it NOT have an impact on all of us as vandwellers????

I'll close now before I blow a fuse!! :p

P, you get it. How many don't ? Ease into it. Share,

Hey, Owl! you want to know a lot of personal information, questioning us over many threads. Who are you working for?

Not just vandwellers, but anyone who does not want home/land ownership and prefers a mobile lifestyle bothers the gov. Especially if you also shun the gov handouts (which I believe is just another way to keep people under Big Brother's thumb).

The government. Hmm. Roads, BLM land, regs that mean we can count on safe food and water, police that keep us safer, requirements that we and others have licenses and insurance, parks and preserves that ensure that we will always have places to fish, camp, hike and hunt, a target for gripers, etc etc etc.

Yep, good and bad. Take a look at some of the countries with little government. Either people govern themselves of the gangs run them.

James AKA Lynx

Roads...now they are not happy with gas tax, they want us all(even bicycles)to have GPS so they can tax us by the mile.
BLM...they are talking of closing off much of it!
Regs for safe food....did you know it is a federal offense to eat the food you grow, you may NOT transport food the government has not inspected, and it is now illegal to use, store or sale heirloom seeds.......thanks to executive orders Berry signed a few years ago.
Police often now treat citizens like war enemies just a few weeks ago arresting a father in Texas for openly carrying a legal rifle on a Boy Scouts merit badge hike.
Or what of the many families who are now loosing their children to the state when they take their children into the hospitals.

What about our Vets who have at anytime in their lives needed prescribed medication to help them sleep....even if just for a few days after surgery who are now having their gun ownership rights taken away.

These things are happening daily here in America...Please.....................WAKE UP!!!!!

Ben Frankin said it best when he said something that sounds like....."Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither!!!!"

HUGE effect on my lifestyle ever since I got onto PWD. Other than that, aside from places getting closed down cuz iceholes trashing them, BC having a rather low population density and tons of crown land means that guvmint forces are spread rather thin and encounters with the forces of law 'n order are generally civil and short lived. ..Willy.

The govt and its unconstitutional. invasion into my paycheck has left me no other way to have a life I can afford and actually enjoy while putting away some for the future

So jean, why always the personal snotty attacks? Don't think anyone has a right to an opinion if it doesn't agree with yours? I want to wish you a great New Year. I hope you aren't too disappointed with the way this country is going next year. The veil is off, the emperor has no clothes. Woops, better look in the mirror jean.

at the turn of the last century corporations were banned in England because the powers that be foresaw the issues of today. Interest groups able to pay lobbyists to move goverments towards their needs. It is possible to reverse this but everyone would have to make a conscious effort not to support or at least minimally support the lobbyist by not investing in the stock market, not buying anymore guns, not walking into walmart or any of the fast food chains, not buying coca cola etc....it is easy to see how they can sway intelligent populations, the cigarette companies had everyone believing it was harmless, coca cola can feed millions of people ten tea spoons of sugar in a glass a few times a day without physical restraint, the milk marketing board has 99% of people convinced milk is a health food. No one bothers to ask, is it? are they? or why do we have to pay someone to print our own money then charge interest for doing this.... it cost money to motivate lobbyist all we have to do is stop paying them,, that simple, will that happen, not likely, too simple.:huh:

My strategy. is buying from mom and pop business exclusively. local grown foods. Don't drink pop or beer. my bank account only has enough to cover the auto drafts. I cash out the rest. Not going to prop up a banks coffers with letting them use my money when I can't use theirs. Its that simple.

WHile there is no doubt it has gone too far, things are much better thanthis thread makes it out to be. The majority of govt actions are good.

Corporations are not good or evil. They are just people in a herd, and people in a herd tend to do selfish, destructive things. The Bigger the group, the more destructive.
Zed

zed, first welcome, a new perspective is refreshing. "the majority of government actions are good." Would you care to expound? What does government do for you that you can't do for yourself? More importantly, why would you want to turn over your life to the government? Ask any American Indian what the government has done for them?

Government builds roads. We can't do that.

Government runs the military many are fond of but sometimes
it's more of a case of the tale wagging the dog.

Christian includes all those who believe in Christ and is not
limited to the fundamentalist extremist sects.

The whole thing about people getting up in arms about where
a person can sleep in their vehicle has a lot to do with the
ongoing battle between the wealthy and everyone else. Don't
give them any ammunition.

Corporations aren't people. They can't vote and they should not
be able to fund political causes.