Good wifi hot spot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidat202

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know. I am in washington state and I dont know about other areas, but the home depots around here have strong signal for wifi. If you look off in the distance between the blue and orange truck you can see a home depot. Im at walmart across the highway. Im guessing the home depot is a quarter mile away and I am connected to there wifi. Its a little slow but working fine. So you can check them out in your area and see if it works good there to. This one is in federal way washington. The one in south hill puyallup is just as good. Anyway, just letting you know.

<p>Another good location to get free wifi access are small to medium sized motels. These smaller motels have to attract travelers so most of them will offer free internet access for their guests.<br /><br />The best way to do get free wifi is to park in their parking lot. From the secrecy of your vehicle attempt to access the motels free wifi signal. If you find an open router access the internet. Voila! You now have FREE internet!<br /><br />I used to work at a motel and we advertised free wifi&nbsp;for our guests. Once you've done what you've had to do on the internet just start your vehicle and drive out of the parking lot. If you are stealth about it there is no reason why you can't find a motel or two that has free wifi.<br /><br />The vast number of motels do have some degree of free wifi. The larger motels/hotels may have free wifi but&nbsp;some may have routers that are encrypted.<br /><br />P.S. If you are accessing the wifi at a motel you should also be aware that some motels don't request&nbsp;vehicle information from guests who check in. We didn't ask guests checking in for their vehicle information when I was a desk clerk/night auditor. We had NO idea which vehicles belonged in the parking lot whatsoever. If the smaller motel has no security guards they will have no idea you are sleeping in your van. Something to consider. <br /><br />Another benefit to sleeping in a motel parking lot is safety. The majority of the motels have to keep their parking lots well lit to keep their guests feeling safe. This is a win/win scenario.</p>