Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my travel trailer even in its current unfinished state is dry with no leaks and because it is insulated and small it is easy to heat.
Versus the workshop space which has several leaks in the roof. It is an old building with a flat roof and water has its way now and again when it is torrential and it can't run off fast enough but instead fills up higher than the top edge of some of the flashings.

Keep your tools dry and lubricated! I would assume you are used to the high humidity by now! I used to think I wouldn't be able to survive without my old pot bellied coal stove till I lived in the desert. I get cold but it doesn't seem to hurt these old bones as much as it did in eastern Kentucky.

Hello.. nice day here and I'm getting chores done... right now it is laundry. Land/trailer deal is in escrow. I've been working through my to do list. Have an intention to clean out the van better this afternoon... sweep and all that. Getting some reading in.

bullfrog said:
Keep your tools dry and lubricated!  I would assume you are used to the high humidity by now!  I used to think I wouldn't be able to survive without my old pot bellied coal stove till I lived in the desert.  I get cold but it doesn't seem to hurt these old bones as much as it did in eastern Kentucky.
You mean tools get rusty if you don't keep them dry and lubricated? Thanks for letting me know that, after all I would not want that to happen to the hundreds of hand and power tools I own. I started buying my own hand and power tools when I was 20....only 50 years ago.

Good morning,

Stumbled onto this form this morning thinking about getting a van ready for travel.

Thinking about buying a Chevy Express Van for a daily drive and weekend adventurer.

This is my first post so I'm checking out the features of the forum.

Nice spot to say good morning.

Hooray, today the world turns and in the northern hemisphere we will once again be on the cycle of having an increase in the length of daylight hours. Only a very tiny amount but I will celebrate it by raising a toast, well actually a piece of toast along with a cup of coffee. Choose the beverage of your choice to join in the celebration of the return of the light. You know what they say, the secret to being happy is to appreciate the small things even when it only amounts to a few seconds of time :)

Good morning Dean. Been wondering how you are doing.

Sitting at the airport waiting to fly to Las Vegas to celebrate my 65th birthday tomorrow.

Good morning all. Dean, it is great to hear from you! I was starting to think you fell off the face of the earth. I hope you are doing well.

Happy pre-birthday shadowmoss! Have a great time but don't lose all your money!

Hi Patrick and welcome. You might want to head over to the newcomers corner to introduce yourself.

Maki2, I actually prefer this time of year because it is cooler. The summers here are brutal!

Nothing new in my world other than the wifes slow decline.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, Dean and Buster. Good to hear from you guys. We sent you a lot of greetings back around Thanksgivings, but you never responded, so we're happy to hear from you again, :).

Patrick,, there is a section on the forum on Vans that have a lot of threads you can look at, and post questions to.

Went to walk out to the beach for a morning view of the water, no rain but a very high tide was in progress. The walkway is public but between a condo building and their parking garage. As I have been here for years I know some of the people by a brief hello now and again. Today I walked past one of them un loading his car and he had boxes of jars of canned goods. So I just said it looked like they had been very busy this year with that project. I was then gifted a jar of homemade pickles put up with dill and garlic. That will be fun to open up during the holidays, maybe for New Year's day. I just need to get something to have with them. Maybe some of the typical sausage logs, cheese and crackers that the stores put on sale at this time of year. I have a good chunk of aged cheddar cheese and some smoked gouda but not the sausage and crackers. Some adult beverage might be needed to go with it :)

Jack Frost is visiting us during Christmas Week, lows in the 30's with everything layered in frost in Western OR. Looks like a silver world. Happy Christmas everyone!   ~crofter

maki2 said:
Hooray, today the world turns and in the northern hemisphere we will once again be on the cycle of having an increase in the length of daylight hours. Only a very tiny amount but I will celebrate it by raising a toast, well actually a piece of toast along with a cup of coffee. Choose the beverage of your choice to join in the celebration of the return of the light.  You know what they say, the secret to being happy is to appreciate the small things even when it only amounts to a few seconds of time :)
Hooray!! Hooray!! Hooray!!  (crofter raises a cup of tea).   ~crofter

A quiet day here at the workshop space. Most of the businesses in this building are now shut for the holiday(s). So just a few of us around who live/work here plus the people in the condominium next door that shares the parking lot. I will be spending  Christmas Eve afternoon sewing up a Christmas present for my friend. Mostly straight seam sewing, the only somewhat tedious part is putting in a zipper.

I shipped off the last before Christmas order for some of the Tiny Village kits. There will very likely (hopefully) be more orders coming in after Christmas, there typically are as the spirit lingers on through January.

To share, a photo from a customer who used the Tiny Village buildings they purchased as a kit  to make themselves a special Christmas wreath. Really well done project. I love it when they send me photos of what they do with them. These were from the set I designed in 2015.
Stephanie Atwell.jpg

Attachments

• Stephanie Atwell.jpg
    Stephanie Atwell.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14
Wow! That’s lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really pretty.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Beautiful wreath with the adorable tiny buildings! Merry Christmas everyone. It is raining... slightly cold.. I'm at one of my evening parking places just outside of town. Vanlife continues...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE.

I hope everyone has a fine holiday!!

Merry Christmas everyone.
5b3847d84d4c64a785fcd3e17ee35161.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk