Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad trailer purchase is over. It is all registered. Need sway bars and insurance and to say goodbye to dear friends and family, then I'll be heading out.

23 in North Idaho.
21 in Eastern Oregon this morning
I'll have to try to get further south..
39 in Northern California..

It is 48 degrees in Bullfrog Utah right now after low thirties last night. We are supposed to warm back up in a couple of days but 20s and 30s at night are too cold for these old bones.

Nice sunny day here, not warm but not freezing. Wishing my wrist was healed enough to work on my build.

Dean and Buster said:
Ok i am going to stop putting positive stuff in here or anything else. Nobody wants to say hi or anything else I feel like I am on an ignore list .
Hi! and Anything else! I'm not officially a nomad yet but will be soon. Then you'll get sick of hearing from me!

Drizzling and 43 here in TN. I may have to change my forum name to VanDitz. I went off and left my duffle of ALL my winter clothes, socks, jammies, jacket. I don't think shorts and tanks are going to cut it, lol. Thankfully, I have my break camp jeans and a pair of sherpa lined clogs and did not pack my blankets with my clothes! Looks like I will have to skip the Cummins Falls hike and hit up a Goodwill or SA or something and just donate them back on my way out, as I have too many clothes at home already!

On a positive note, the hot logic mini makes a nice personal heater at only 38 watts, and homemade spaghetti warmed over for breakfast tastes just as good as it did as a kid when you sneaked it :D

Hi Dean & Buster (waving...)

Good Morning Dean and all! Suppose to rain today. We sure could use it lol. Heading to Seattle today and staying the night at my daughters, having dinner with the family then Hitting the road early Sunday.

HalfShadows said:
Good Morning Dean and all! Suppose to rain today. We sure could use it lol. Heading to Seattle today and staying the night at my daughters, having dinner with the family then Hitting the road early Sunday.
Good morning... Seattle you better have some good brakes and full coverage insurance lol. I’m out here in Quilcene area if you can find the place hehe. Cloudy day here a cold snap passed over, will be glad when I install my diesel heater with thermostat, this Buddy heater on low has me opening up all roof hatches even when below freezing.

No need to worry about having good brakes in Seattle, the traffic will typically be somewhere between crawling speed and a standstill. Most especially true of I-5.

maki2 said:
No need to worry about having good brakes in Seattle, the traffic will typically be somewhere between crawling speed and a standstill. Most especially true of I-5.
Seems to be of same results here on the Olympic Peninsula, this place has exploded in people!

33 and clear earlier here today when I woke up. Lots to do today and then on the road again.
I need to figure out if I need a different type of anti-freeze now, because it wasn't nearly this cold back East.
Sure is invigorating though!

Hello from Northern California... so happy to be out of North Idaho with freezing morning temps. Trailer is a trooper.. followed me all the way home to the Klamath River Valley.

A typical 50/50 mix of antifreeze is rated down to -34 f. Provided your antifreeze is not too old and the coolant system is properly filled, you should be ready for most anything in the lower 48.

In an extreme situation you can block the airflow through the radiator with a piece of cardboard. Just make sure you don't impede the radiator fan.

Hi dwellers still in Missouri  might be here till spring but that's fine did a couple of camping trips sold the camper have been sleeping in the van

Glad you've been camping, Dean. I'm in a RV park in the center of a small town.. a friend owns it. I can walk to everything. Good WiFi but cell signal makes me want to buy WeBoost. My son was here yesterday helping me empty the van... putting more in the trailer so I can insulate the van.

travelaround said:
Glad you've been camping, Dean. I'm in a RV park in the center of a small town.. a friend owns it. I can walk to everything. Good WiFi but cell signal makes me want to buy WeBoost. My son was here yesterday helping me empty the van... putting more in the trailer so I can insulate the van.
So glad you are out of the cold and into a place where you can start making improvements.

It was a nice day with sun and no rain. The kind of fall weather much more typical than the wet sloppy, abnormal weather of the last 6 weeks in  Seattle. The steel tubing for my new trailer frame came home today on my friends van. You can see one of the neighborhood's maple trees in the background that has turned golden. Other varieties of maple trees are still mostly green, we have not yet had a frost.
steel tube hauling.JPG

Attachments

• steel tube hauling.JPG
    steel tube hauling.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
22 degrees last night in Mcdermitt NV. Layering did the trick and warm blankets, no need for heat yet. Nice day in eastern OR, 66 degrees and sagebrush. -crofter

Wow... exciting developments here, but where are Brian, Dean, and Roamer? I haven't posted in a few days either... where have I been? Sorting things out in Happy Camp and trying to develop some rhythm to my days and get things done.