Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean - glad power walking is good for you!!

Brian - do you get any relief workers there to help you with your wife? Have you considered Assisted Living or is that even a possibility, so you can get out more?

@TA - A nursing home was a possibility before I bought this house and had the kids move in. I really didn't want her to be in one. I do get a few hours out on occasion, otherwise just very boring waiting for the slow inevitable.

Good Afternoon all :)

back from 3 days vacay in Richmond VA. yikes, I won't be going back to Richmond ever LOL nice trip, all good, but not my kind of style. any city ain't for us but the kids loved it. SO HOT tho...woof, heat temps are thru the roof and make vacay in city almost unbearable. Hotel. OMG we missed our truck and RV to the max. Hotels are not us LOL

Yea, B and C, you are doing the wonderful turn of giving and letting life happen to a loved one and just letting it flow over to you as the caregiver. You are literally such a shining star in my eyes. Many would not do this for another if it 'took longer' into ones life then they thought so you hold strong!! The inevitable does come and as one door closes on another, other doors open for another and we do our 'do-diligence' in life as we must as we see fit for loved ones.
Life was never guaranteed ever to be easy for any of us! All of us go thru the tragedies of life for sure!

so back to normal for a bit til we leave in early Aug for a week beach trip in the RV as we love it. I am still counting the 4 yrs we have to hold this life til we sell it all and get total freedom on the road as we see fit.

B and C said:
@TA - My boredom comes from having to sit here with one eye on the wife to make sure she doesn't tear the depends off and to keep her from digging stuff out to smear on nearby things.  If I leave her alone for a little while, I have a mess to clean up when I get back.  We make an outing to the patio about once an hour for a smoke break.  It is hard to concentrate on anything with having to BOLO (be on the lookout) all the time.  Welcome to my exciting life.

That life sounds much like what many women go through with their babies and toddlers. In the days of the baby boomers and earlier when large families were the norm that time period tended to be 10 or more years of their lives of constant vigilance and supervision with rarely any downtime. Also little to no help as husbands in those eras were not always willing to contribute to task such as changing diapers and supervising toddlers. As the middle child of 5 of course I had no clue as to just how hard my mother worked during those years or how stressful her live was. She had little assistance as my father was a traveling salesman and was out of town much of the time. Naturally he was very happy to be able to escape the chaos of a life with 5 very young children in the house. He liked life on the road and continued to do that most of his working years even when he became an executive he was a regional manager and had to be on the road at least part of the time.

As a mother I went in to get my infant out of bed now and again only to discover they too had been playing finger painting with the contents of their diaper. It is not fun to clean up but at least the quantity was considerably less than an adult diaper holds.

These things are not pleasant to deal with, they are simply stages of life and a family member is most often the one who has to manage the "helpless" one.

same here Dean. So hot, humidity is rough. Chill on the roommate if ya can :) :)

Good morning
simple home chores to handle today, few errands, nothing demanding ever
will hit the pool later since it is so hot

Good morning. Hot and humid is what I want to escape from not go camping in. Good choice Dean.

Looking like another SOS (same ol' sh, er stuff) day here.

Good morning... getting ready to finish putting in kitchen sink cabinet I built for my camper, hitting mid 90’s no AC about ready to pull stakes up for trip to Glacier National Park next few days. Stay strong B and C you are doing what most don’t have will or strength to do and I tip my hat to you.

Good morning

off to moms for a bit of shopping

hot and humid :) ugh

nothing much today to handle thank goodness

Good morning.

Hot and humid is the norm here in south Texas. Will be until we get a cold front late October/early November. October is still 80's + humidity, November before the 70's hit.

No news to report - SOS.

Dean and Buster said:
Oh I am only 50 I am not a senior yet

you don't have to be a senior to eat lunch at a senior center.

maki2 said:
You don't have to be a senior to eat lunch at a senior center.  :)  But I can tell you from experience that at lunch there are mostly senior women and very few men of any age. But at least they will be happy to listen to your health issues if you will put in equal time listening to theirs.

I am a senior but the man I usually eat with there is only 50. I get free lunch as I'm over 62 but he pays 6 dollars... he still thinks it is a good deal.

Latest posts