getting paid for work with a Wisely prepaid debit card

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgana

Reaction score
So I'm sure that company (Wisely) is legit -- the employer that issued the pay card was a county government office, and I did get the money safely transferred into my credit union account -- but for me at least, they were a pita to deal with. I had to give all sorts of personal financial info just to get an account opened so that I could use the card. When I went to close it out again, the first couple times I tried the contact phone number didn't work ("unavailable at this time"). When I finally got through, I got an operator who gave me her first name only and declined to give me any kind of confirmation number ("don't worry") (LOL).

I found out too late (it's on me -- I should have asked) that I did not have to accept payment this way. I presume I could have asked for a paper check or direct deposit instead.

I could well imagine some situations in which a card like this could serve the user's convenience and maybe be worth all the service fees they charge (I didn't look closely at those b/c I didn't plan to keep the card) + the fact that you've gotta give all your info to yet another company that could get hacked. So I'm not saying don't ever use it. Just make sure it suits YOUR purposes. You may not have to accept payment that way.

I did not like it, Sam I Am.
YMMV.

I know nothing about them but found some negative reviews. NOT GOOD! PayPal works Great for me

ADP, a payroll processing company, created Wisely to help people have more control over their finances. The Wisely Pay Visa and Mastercard cards are issued by Fifth Third Bank or Pathward, N.A., under license from Visa or Mastercard, respectively

❗️Whatever you do DO NOT USE WISELY PAY CARD ...

Reddit · r/ADP
90+ comments · 8 months ago
They are horrible and do not care about your money or protecting it. Worst online banking app ever! I am disappointed that this is the pay card ..Wisely card fraudulent charges
So today I got a notification that a charge was refused for insufficient balance. I knew there was at least $100 in my account.
When I went to check what was going on, i saw that my account had been charged for $45.18 by Ecklers of Titusville Florida. It seems to be an automotive parts store. And also for 6 different charges for 9.99 or so from Apple.
I have never ordered anything from either business. So I called. Neither were helpful since I don't have any account nor order number because I didn't have any account, and didn't place any order.
I called MyWisely. After ensuring the rep that I definitely didn't forget nor do I let anyone else use my card, rep finally opens a dispute, and cancels the card.
It's going to take 7-10 business days to receive the actual dispute paperwork. Which I am told to then sign and mail back, and wait another 7-10 business days to even hear anything about. Rhe dispute technically don't start until they get it back. Only advised to lock my card moving forward....

Last edited:
Trustpilot mywisely.com Reviews
84 • Bad
TrustScore 1 out of 5

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/mywisely.com

Wisely Reviews - 268 Reviews of Wiselypay.com
Sitejabber
https://www.sitejabber.com › Finance › Debit Card 1.1 rating from 268 reviews

Wisely has a rating of 1.1 stars from 268 reviews, indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

Oh yeah ... plus I have no paper records for tax purposes. Can't imagine what could possibly go wrong with /that/ system!