Dating and van life. How does one go about this?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By 'dating', are you referring to nekkid and exchanging bodily fluids?
Nah, Ben is a burned romantic who still wants to dip his toes in the fire...

One thing I should clarify. I'm not looking for hook ups..... YIKES! I'm definitely not looking to add a lady to my life. I like peace. I also don't think I'm capable of finding a quality woman to be with long term. I've never been a good judge of character with women.
Healthy gals are important! Make sure they aren’t loaded with pills & anti depressants. Geesh you want to enjoy your life, dude! Not be encumbered with their misery.

Which reminded me of a couple of good songs....

My still close friend I spent many years with before becoming a snowbird has lived full time on his 39’ sailboat for more than 30 years in Seattle. He rents workshop space just a walk up the street from the marina. I lived at the workshop space, he lives on the boat. His sailboat has two cabins but we both enjoyed having more personal privacy and I am more of a night owl while he is an early riser. Before I met him I had owned several sailboats but did not live on them.

While there are some women who live full time as singles on boats most of the time it is couples or single guys. It is a bit different in the nomadic vanlife scene as it is easier to manage the life for solo women travelers. But many times they also tend to find platonic friendship travel buddies to caravan with at least part of the year.
Photo is my “Home Port” in Seattle. Arrow points at the workshop, the sailboat is up the street at the big marina.
IMG_1728.jpeg

Yeah, ons and hook up's are more kid stuff than anything else.

Dr Herb Goldberg wrote a book explaining the perils divorced men have faced....even just single men for that matter. He saw so much of this happening
with those he counseled in his practice that he decided to write this book:

Too easy to be seen as either a walking meal ticket or ATM.

The Hazards of Being Male : Surviving the Myth of Masculine Privilege pdf