Gatherings near Van Nuys, CA?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollo

Reaction score
Looking for communities/groups near Van Nuts, CA. Ive got my own van and would like to meet some people who live in there van for a living. I'm 49 and get along with much younger though being cool and respectful is a must.

I'm not aware of any gatherings, but as a fellow Southern California resident, though only a part time road tripper, I might be interesting in attending one that close to home.

On a side note, one of my suppliers for work, a stage curtain manufacturer, is in Van Nuys.

sephson said:
On a side note, one of my suppliers for work, a stage curtain manufacturer, is in Van Nuys.
Are you a Roadie?
@ Rollo, Ah YES, Good ole Vanuys. I hung out there in the mid seventies for the car scene. Wednesday night was cruise night on the boulevard, and Saturday night was street race night. Where you around there when Tiny Naylors was the place to be? Besides Bob's Big Boy that is.

Not a roadie and don't know of a place called Rollo in van nuys. Just out to meet people who live in vans cuz I'm leaning towards doing so myself. I got an 84 Chevy van ive camped in and I'm working on it so it can be livable.

Sent from my A466BG using Tapatalk

I think the roadie question was directed my way. I don't go on tours, so I'm not a roadie, but I am the Master Electrician for an amphitheater in Southern California. In other words I'm a stage technician who specializes in lighting and effects.

Cool. Living in Van?

Sent from my A466BG using Tapatalk

sephson said:
I think the roadie question was directed my way. 
It was, the stage curtain mentioned was my first clue. Backstage work had been a mainstay in my family. My Dad was a sound tech, as was an old business partner of mine. Actually ran a Super Trooper for a friend at a show once. More, but we need to return to the subject of van dwelling in Vanuys. That city was fun in the day.   :cool:

Rollo said:
Looking for communities/groups near Van Nuts, CA. Ive got my own van and would like to meet some people who live in there van for a living. I'm 49 and get along with much younger though being cool and respectful is a must.

how about just picking a park and meet/greet and/or pot luck?  I'm usually available.  I don't live in my van full time but I travel/road trip a lot and camp in my van instead hotels.