gas prices

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr.Loo Read
I am about 50 miles from the Mason-Dixon line / MD/ and I take advantage of it whenever opportunity provides. Just returned from the Myrtle Beach area a few weeks ago and gas was as low as $1.70 there. I always fill up in VA on my return trip before entering PA..
Bob

LeeRevell said:
Under two bucks two weeks ago, now same stations at $2.16.......   Party's over.  :blush:

Party is over at $2.16??  Way better than the $4+ I was paying not that long ago.

I paid $1.69 at Costco in Houston this morning.

B and C said:
Party is over at $2.16??  Way better than the $4+ I was paying not that long ago.

I paid $1.69 at Costco in Houston this morning.

Sure, still better than months ago here......   but yeah, prices increasing by leaps and bounds, party is over and the guests are leaving.  We knew it couldn't last.  The Arabs just wanted to kill our fracking and CONUS production, then turn up the heat again.

Well,I dunno.Gas went down to $1.85 here.Went back up to $1.99.Now back down to $1.91.Go figure.

No one knows for sure, but the latest estimates I've heard were that the prices could be held low for up to 5 more years.
Bob

$1.98 today. Years ago in Alaska I kept a 55 gallon drum with hand pump behind the cab...when prices were great I'd hit the Tesoro refinery in Anchorage and fill it up at even better bulk price.

I've heard the same thing about the 5 years Bob.

When the world economy crashed in 2008 our use of fossil fuels dropped drastically, but because oil was over $100 a barrel the old companies were drilling and extracting at an incredible rate. Even with this so-called recovery oil us is down but extraction continued and it led to huge glut so prices crashed.

Behind the scenes the world has finally caught onto the importance of climate change and next month in Paris the first real global agreement on how to curb it should be signed and the use of oil is going to go into an amazing downward spiral.

If that happens, the glut will continue and renewables will expand in a way no one could ever have imagined.
Bob

akrvbob said:
When the world economy crashed in 2008 our use of fossil fuels dropped drastically, but because oil was over $100 a barrel the old companies were drilling and extracting at an incredible rate. Even with this so-called recovery oil us is down but extraction continued and it led to huge glut so prices crashed.

Behind the scenes the world has finally caught onto the importance of climate change and next month in Paris the first real global agreement on how to curb it should be signed and the use of oil is going to go into an amazing downward spiral.

If that happens, the glut will continue and renewables will expand in a way no one could ever have imagined.
Bob
The current "glut" of oil is mainly due to demand destruction, one only has to look at the Baltic Dry Index and China Containerized Freight Index to see this.  Numerous energy extraction companies are on the verge of going belly up now.  As they go under, supply will begin to be shut in.

The whole renewables sector itself is dependent on cheap fossil fuels, and doesn't have the energy density necessary to maintain current per capita energy use, so the lifestyle of industrial society and happy motoring are going the way of the dinosaur.  Maybe lasts another 20 years max.

Wanderer said:
It fluctuates here. One AM/PM sells it for 1.99 weekdays and weekend $2.05

Where I work, it's now $2.06. If I buy amazon cards for purchases, I buy from Fred Meyer (Kroger) as I get 4X gas points and so if I spend $250 I get $1K in gas points and that's $1 off a gallon up to 35 gallons.

ARCO
3817 Main St & NE 39th St
Vancouver, WA.
2.89 yesterday at Chevron for cheapest gas close to JBLM/Tacoma
https://www.gasbuddy.com/Station/88764

$2.25 for regular at every station I passed about an hour ago, $2.69 for diesel at the only one with diesel prices on the sign.

I don’t want to hear any griping and complaining from anybody out there. Gas is $3.53 a gallon where I am.

This thread is from 2015, things change in 3 years anyway.

Van Mama Wannabe said:
I don’t want to hear any griping and complaining from anybody out there. Gas is $3.53 a gallon where I am.

Wow are you in California? Only place I saw that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Van Mama Wannabe said:
NO one is complaining & griping, only your negativity sad to say. 

I merely noticed this thread, & wondered how much has gas changed... in the 3 years since it started. Just simple curiosity...

Sorry, Annie, I guess I should have inserted an emoji. I was chuckling when I said no griping and complaining. No negativity intended.

Yes, Kia girl, California. I need to move someplace less expensive! What year was it that gas prices went really nuts? I was traveling near Big Sur that summer and paid nearly 5 dollars a gallon. Makes three bucks sound pretty cheap :)

2.30 Maverick in Cottonwood. The best part...there's a Cinnabon counter inside.

rvpopeye said:
I'm still in Maine ,,,but sure wishk I wuz inna desertsk !
RVPOPEYE-
I spent last winter outside Portland. When I left, I had 4' of snow on my deck, with 7' drifts. Had 2 storms that bombed out back to back, and hit Portland/Scarborough/Monhegan head on. The second storm washed away the jetty and half the dunes near my beach. Never again, I'm in AZ now. Good luck.

I paid $2.71 at the local costco. I then traveled up to Rochester WA and gambled. They wanted $2.97 a gallon...Most here want $2.86 a gallon...

Latest posts