gas prices

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highdesertranger

R.I.P HDR
Reaction score
so I thought I would start a thread about gas prices in the area you are in.  so everyone chime in.  remember I have been saying that in kalifornia diesel is cheaper than gas and has been this way for about the last 3 years.  well it has gotten crazy,  check this out.
gas 001.JPG
and arco is about the cheapest you will find around here.  highdesertranger

Attachments

• gas 001.JPG
    gas 001.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 20
I bought gas on Monday at the cheapest place on a stretch of highway 120 miles long and paid $1.129 per liter. Most other places ranged between $1.18 to $1.20 a liter.

Converted that's $4.27 Cdn per US gallon. Currency exchange today to buy US dollars was $1.305 so effectively I was paying $5.57 US per US gallon.

Sure hope the currency exchange gets a whole lot better before fall!!

Regular unleaded here is 2.49, not sure what diesel is running these days.

$4.59 in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles County! This is total BS!
We are being legally robbed!

this time last week I paid $3.29

Mike R

I bought at $2.36 on Tuesday with $.23 off (coupon + frequent buyer card) in MSP.

-- Spiff

I gassed up in Mission last Thursday. $1.20.9 Cdn per litre. In Greater Vancouver the general gas price then was $1.29.9 per litre and diesel was $1.27.9. Gas prices are up 6 cents per litre today.

I see gas prices in Tally running from $2.47 a gallon to upwards of $2.79 a gallon (regular), depending on the station and the part of town.  Luckily the cheaper stations are near my AO.  Being retired I drive a lot fewer miles than I did when working, and that helps!  Need to get my old motorcycle back on the road.  I can cut my gas use by half or better.

Filled up at a Mobil station in the mid-hudson valley (NY)  yesterday.  Posted price was $2.95 a gallon.  Turns out that's the credit card price.  Cash price was $2.85.  Use of their ExxonMobil card got the cash price.  Good reason to have gas company cards as well as Visa or Mastercard.

Regards
John

Lest we not forget California has there own special blend. I truly believe this is why we get hammered so hard.

I'd be real happy with $2.95

skyl4rk said:
Why is diesel cheaper now?

If I had to guess, it's cause diesel is very similar to home heating oil, for which their is little demand right now, so there is a lot of supply.

Regards
John

in kalifornia diesel has been cheaper for almost three years. thanks everybody for posting up your prices, keep it going. it seems like we here in kali are taking it in the ....., well you no where. highdesertranger

$2.44 to $2.76 for regular here so I use the gas buddy app to find the best price since a few blocks can be a huge price difference even with the same companies. Don't know why that is though.

Gas has dropped very slightly at a few select stations here.  But when gas is running $2.45 to $2.79 a gallon of regular, Diesel is still running an average of $3.09 to $3.15 a gallon.  Pretty big difference!  Diesel tends to remain more stable in price than gas, but has remained much higher in price overall.  I wonder if they are sticking it to all the snowbirds with their diesel RVs?  Gotta remember, with no state income tax in Florida, the Yankee tourists are our cash cows.   :)

In Volusia County FL it's $2.63, a few miles south in Brevard we got it for $2.53.

I've been paying around $2.50/gal for unleaded, why is California gas so much more expensive on average?

Diesel been hovering around 305 to 319 at my favorite watering holes in San Francisco.

Latest posts