Games and fun

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyWulf

Reaction score
Okay I love horseshoes croquet and stuff like that but I never have anybody to play with if i get a horseshoe/croquet set will there be anybody at the RTR willing to play games and have fun not to sound like a child or anything but I love outdoor games anything to get me away from the TV and out of my RV.

Great idea! I think you'll find a lot of people for horseshoes but as far as croquet, not so sure. The ground is covered with small rocks. I doubt that you'll be able to get hoops into the ground or make the balls roll straight. Maybe badminton?

"not to sound like a child or anything" the moment we lose touch with that child in all of us we are heading down the wrong road. Amen on rolling any ball that will be challenging but doable .

don't worry about the rocks, everybody will have the same handicap. we used to play a modified version of Bocce Ball all the time. doesn't matter on the terrain because everyone has to deal with the same conditions. highdesertranger

love bocci! have never played in desert, but imagine its similar to "extreme bocci" we play at low tide on rocky beach...challenging terrain and wildlife hazards/tidepools...yes, we are very careful when tossing, no crustaceans crushed

These seem to be popular at the sports bars here:

41Evk9nfqCL.jpg

Bean Bag Toss Game Set with Carrying Case $61.99 & FREE Shipping

Well the set I found on Facebook Marketplace is horseshoes Bocci ball and croquet all-in-one set for 30 bucks I wasn't going to get it at first because I have no clue what bocci ball is but I guess I can learn ill call the guy and buy it look forward to playing you guys at the RTR.

we kinda made up our own rules for desert Bocci,

decide how many rounds will be played, you must play at least 1 round for every player
decides the order of who throws the white ball out for the first round, second, third, and fourth, etc. everybody gets a turn.
throw the little white ball where ever you want.
then everybody rolls/tosses one of their balls in order
then repeat in order for the second ball
if someone hits the white ball it's 2 points
the next closest ball gets one point
if you hit someone else ball and knock it into the little white ball they get 2 points
if you move the little white ball and it hits someone ball they get 2 points and at the end of the round the closest ball to the little white ball gets a point.

makes for some interesting games. beer goes well with the game but bad attitudes do not.
warning, the cheap plastic balls that come with the sets do not last long, especially in rocky ground. you might get 1 year out of them less if you play often. highdesertranger

our rules vary, but close enough. the little white ball is called the Pauline. we have replaced our pauline many times, with golf balls, sometimes the fluorescent ones so you can actually see it when somebody chucks it as far as they can just to be mean

Yeah I don't think I'm going to spend a hundred bucks on that set it's cheaper to buy them separately I can get a professional horseshoe set for 15 bucks a bocce ball set for four players for 15 to 20 bucks and croquet I think it's 50 bucks but I'm thinking for croquet instead of using the round cheap wire things that come with it we could use tent Stakes and use them to create some type of course we'll see what happens I have to get this RV paid off first.

That platform with the hole in it and the beanbags is called a cornhole around here. It's pretty popular, is simple but fun and kids can play it as well as adults. You could make the equivalent out of PVC pipe, some cloth and zip ties, and a few dollar-store balls.

Great idea!  Post your time schedule for your first competitions on the bulletin board and no telling how this idea may grow. There might be a huge crowd show up.  I have an antique croquet set, but it is heavy and the rocks would be hard on the wooden balls. Might think on how to create a cheap lightweight set that would approximate the same thrills.  Maybe more like Miniature golf? Hmmm. How about disc golf, too, with hula hoop or string loops laid on the ground for goals.  Main camp, Music camp, Games Camp.  Good Luck with paying off your RV.     TL

Thank you $700 to go and the RV will be officially mine. As for the cornhole I'm having custom boards made instead of one hole it will have three holes small medium and large point system we can figure out later I do love disk golf sounds like a great idea.