Freedom?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry so much about freedom because most of the freedoms lost affect those who choose to live in society. They are the ones being watched and evaluated every day, having assessors decide how much they will pay in taxes, living with bosses that are overbearing/demanding, and losing their privacy piece by piece.

Even if we're living 'off the grid', we are subject to loss of freedom and privacy if we use the internet, credit cards, or electronic banking. Just sayin'.

vanman2300 said:
...the idea of how easy it would be to lose it all...

The ones who leave me pondering the human condition the most are the ones who lose everything because they play the normative game... and then immediately do what they have to or think they need to in order to buy back into the system.

I have nothing to add to this thread, you folks got it all figured out!

Eventually they will restrict and control everything, including the ability for one to travel freely. They have outlawed homelessness in some cities?! Yes. It is an insidious process, a creeping death of what was the United States of America. There is now more freedom and a higher standard of living in many foreign countries. I would free better protected and freer even in Thailand, and certainly in Europe. I was recently in Denmark. It makes me sad to say...yet we still hang onto a few key liberties, and that can make all the difference in the world.