Flash Water Heater After One Year

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corky52

Reaction score
I've had the Camp Chef flash water heater in use for one year now, thought I'd post my thoughts on it now.

Only problem I've had is a small leak from the drain plug at extremely high water pressure, fixed the problem by tightening the plug with pliers rather than just by hand.

I find that the heater works well with either long showers when on city water or navy style showers when on tank water with the pump.  

The lack of venting, which I worried about when I installed it has actually been a feature in that I installed it near the shower and it warms the area when in use.  I don't find the exhaust to be anymore of a problem than the use of the burners on my stove.

I would recommend the installation as close to the shower as possible, the shorter the feed the less water to get cold when shut down.

I have recently swapped the feed line to my sink to 1/4 to save water, but that problem would have been the same for a fixed water heater as well.

I have seen a significant saving in propane as the water heater only uses fuel when in use.

Overall I'm very happy with the product and would recommend it to anyone.

Corky

thanks for the follow up review. this is important, I feel the follow ups are more important than the original impressions. my 2 cents. highdesertranger

Latest posts