First Post, Don't worry be happy. :-)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theBest

Reaction score
There is a lot of great content on YT. I've been watching sleeping in vehicle mod/build out videos, of which I found Bob's videos.
When I learned he had a forum, I put that info on the single burner Coleman in the back of my mind. I started this research journey bout a year ago, so just now getting around to checkin in on the forum.
I think those who build out their chosen ride are the ones who live by experience. When you "Build It Live It" you understand better your good and bad choices.

Dream it, Build It, Live It

Welcome to the CRVL forums theBest! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum the best. I question that name because I thought I was the best I guess the question is the best at what. I am finishing up my newest bill I learned a lot from part time in in the old van. But now in this new van I feel like tearing it out and go on starting over again. And I am resisting that temptation gonna live in this a while before I do it over. I hope you find what you want and need. God bless the nomads all of us.

We all have choices in life, good, better and best.
Each has their features and benefits.
Good is usually cheap and will get you through for a time if your budget is limited.
Better is an upgrade from good, and is usually more money, though this level still has limits.
Best is what everyone would have if they could afford to have the best.

I research everything to find the best, along the way I find good and better. From this perspective I can decide which is right for my situation of need. I may be in a financial position where I can't afford the best and will have to decide on good or better.
Such is life.

Building a little truck camper myself. Started as a fix and old camper up... but I’m afraid of things like mold, so it’ll be my own design now. Some will be the same, but my plan is to get the main shell and do the inside build as I go. Some will be as I go on the road. Your thoughts are similar... when you can, get the best. I really don’t want to settle for good. For forty years I paddled the back country in northern Minnesota and northern Canada. I learned the value of waiting for better to best gear... many times the better gear paid off in the most remote places! Sometimes the good gear failed making the trip more of a challenge. Look forward to hearing more of your progress and adventure. (To me it’s adventure in it that drives me.)

I keep finding better buiulds that i want to emulate, so delaying the build.  But, i have good ideas bookmarked and saved and think i know the direction to start.  Once i start momentum will keep it going.

The largest room on earth is the room for improvement. Good better and best is fine but I find that it doesn’t end there. What is best for now might not be best in a year. So my goal isn’t to be best my goal is to be heading In the right direction. There is only one perfect and he got nailed for it. God bless the mom nomads all of us.