Fiberglass For Long Term Living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi surferbeads...yes, please keep posting your progress and thoughts and photos. There may be more readers like me who don't yet have a rig and are learning through other people's choices and experiences. Thank you for posting. Sassy

corky52 said:
I'm rebuilding my 1982 Eldorado TransVan, total fiberglass shell on a Ford E350 Chassis, great way to go, few roof problems.

I'm living in it while I wok on it, kind of interesting, but not as hard as it sounds, just have to plan timing well.

Corky

some pictures, I hope!

Corky

Corky....this thing is sooooo cooool:cool:
Can I get the phone number of your interior decorator :D

I've had a Buro for a few years...even had it at Quartzsite last year...
I have say it is the easiest rv I ever had....and I've had many.
I would recommend it to anyone who can afford them...they are hard to get now and they are expensive....$5500 for an average one and I've seen some real nice ones go for 8 or 9 k
The Scamps have material on the inside walls and they have very little condensation.

I'm thinking this set-up could be great for me as well. What I like about scamps is they are fiberglass and hold their value well, along with lasting a long time and very lightweight. 13" scamp with bathroom/shower only weighs less than 2k lbs, so they won't eat up a ton of gas and they are small so it's not too bad backing up and parking. a V6 should tow one easily and MPG won't be too bad.

Thanks for bumping this thread! As much as I want a van, my wife thinks it might be too small for the two of us, she loves Casitas. We'll see who prevails as purchase time draws closer. ;)

Ya know Bob, you're a very smart fella! ;)

Well dang Queen, that's not hard, you get the Casita because a happy wife will make you happy and you have to have a van to pull it with. Bob's right, you can retreat to your doghouse/man cave and get away from each other now and again.

LOL, we actually love being together as much as possible... but she's barely 5' and weighs 100lbs... I'm 5'10" and much bigger, I think the feeling of being cramped will be more of an issue for me. ;) But I'll convince her on the van idea (most likely)!