• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

End of my rope.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoamingUSA79

Reaction score
Got stuck in Colorado had to leave my home there. So now suck in Az. and going to have to just leave my camper in Colorado can't get back there I'm looking to trade my chevy 2500 suburban 2wd with a 454 engine and4 speed tranny for a van or little rv. I'd even be willing to give the title to the camper and you could get it from Colorado. Long shot but you never know right..

what if some one could help you retrieve your camper? by camper I am assuming, a trailer? what year Suburban? got any more details? highdesertranger

I have been trying to just retrieve my camper but it's a money issue it  is a 1987 26ft kit companion bumper pull. The suburban is a 1991 square body. Herd to do the whole story on my phone as it is long lol. I will try to get on a computer and tell the whole story. The suburban runs great just put tires in last month. I came to Arizona with basically only my cloths everything else is in my camper had a job and was going great but due to family issues and the owner just deciding one day to shut down the business. Looking into more jobs but had to give up my dream job as there is no way I'm going to have the funds to get everything back to Colorado where my host. Job was very sad and depressing I'm hoping to get what I need by the time the next job I have set up for October in North Dakota sugar beets was there last year and loved it. Well short story is tried to help people got screwed and came back home to my brother close to death my sister getting there very sick and I don't regret for one minute giving everything I had to help them and there families get through. Things are getting better and that's when my boss decided to shut down.

RoamingUSA79 said:
I have been trying to just retrieve my camper but it's a money issue it  is a 1987 26ft kit companion bumper pull.

Hello,

I might be able to help, a tiny bit.

Depending on where the trailer is actually located.

I can (maybe???) store it for you until you could come get it?
I could also go pick it up and maybe try to sell it for you?

Let me know.

-Don

Depending on exact condition of it, maybe I'd buy it from you? I just bought a 20' 1975 TT , a newer model would be nice...

bigskybob said:
Kit Companions are some of the best built campers.

I'll agree with that!

I bought a junked up 1983 Kit RoadRanger 5th wheel fo rparts.
It has been neglected and left to fend for itself.

after a full year out in a pasture, it's still mostly intact! not too much water damage or anything else really.

If the OP doesn't really want it anymore, and it has a title, and ??? I'd be happy to take it!

I really do like my "vintage" TT though. :)

It's in really good condition. I have it stored on a friend's property. It's just getting back to it. I really don't want to sell it I just need to get back to get it and well everything I own is in it. I tried to post a picture but it hasn't let me post any pictures for 2 days now.

bigskybob said:
Kit Companions are some of the best built campers.
Yes this camper is really nice everything works in it doesn't have a heater anymore and I didn't get to sealing that hole yet but I put a piece of siding over the outside. I have a few pics of it but like I said for some reason I can't post pictures on here I have before but won't let me anymore.

RoamingUSA79 said:
Yes this camper is really nice everything works in it doesn't have a heater anymore and I didn't get to sealing that hole yet but I put a piece of siding over the outside. I have a few pics of it but like I said for some reason I can't post pictures on here I have before but won't let me anymore.

So what do you think you want to do?

is it in a secure place? do you have the time needed to save up to get to it?

Like I said, depending on where it is, I might be able to go pick it up and store it for you.

PM me if you want to discuss particulars without advertising private info in this post.

-Don

I hate it when I read through the whole post and there is no ending to the story.....curious.....what happened? Did Lassie get Timmy out of the well....hahahaha.....

I read these old posts and wonder what ended up happening......curious

I hope I am not telling stories out of school here...

He is currently in CO, with his trailer, working as a camp host with limited internet access.

Yes just as he said.... It all literally happened in one day. I was getting ready to go to work on my truck and got the call from the company in Colorado I worked for last year. No signal at all where I was St. Charles Camp Ground but I just got transferred from there to Purgatorie camp grounds by North Lake and I have signal here. My truck is still broke down in Arizona but my boss was able to haul my camper for me. Ya it is tough and stressful without my truck and now alone since the wife ran off and disappeared on me but it is beautiful up here and peaceful if you are in the area come on by I will be here till around the 21st of September....

Attachments

• My View.jpg
    My View.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 29
hang in there. bummer about the wife. refresh my memory about the truck? year, make, model, problem. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
hang in there.  bummer about the wife.  refresh my memory about the truck?  year, make, model, problem.  highdesertranger

!991 Chevy Suburban 2500 it is getting worked on rebuilding carb and other stuff should be done soon I hope.

got it. I have parts in Arizona. let me know if you need anything. highdesertranger

this just dawned on me a 91 Suburban doesn't have a carburetor. it's throttle body injection. highdesertranger