Dumpster Diving for Fun and Profit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple years ago I was on a service call in an industrial park to check  why a customers copy machine scanner would error when scanning.  I saw a guy across the street with a cart full of office equipment tossing it in the dumpster.

When I was done with my job went and checked the dumpster and I got 3 nice desktop PC's and 4 flat screen monitors.  Guess the place went out of business and they were cleaning the offices as easy as possible.
A SEEKER

Back in the day, before semiconductor lasers were cheap, I scored several large frame argon lasers from essentially a dumpster (a pile next to the dumpster and I had permission to take what I wanted).

I built a three phase converter and bypassed the interlocks, fired them up and they all worked.  One turned out to be a 5 watt white light mixed gas laser which I sold for $3500.

Today of course you can buy a 1 watt green or blue diode laser for a few bucks.

gsfish said:
About what?

Guy

What I had quoted, the part that said.. "that someone had set out for the taking."... It struck my funny bone because in my head I could see someone coming out of their house and saying, who took my dam bike!

Latest posts