Dumest things on a truck....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is ever near Daytona during bike week, give trucks in parking lots a wiiiiide berth, most have hitches sticking out way too far. My brother almost broke his leg walking into one in a dark lot.

Wow I had forgotten the fake bullet holes, might make for a good thief deterrent if I didn't have real ones already due to a gunsmith's idea of a 2 lb pull!

what is the dumbest things on a truck? if they have dumb stuff I would say the driver. highdesertranger

Imagine one of these size about 8 1/2 X 11 painted pink.

79204.jpg

and hanging from a receiver hitch on the back end of a Pick Up.

There is one down the road from me and it's  driven by a girl.

Queen said:
If anyone is ever near Daytona during bike week, give trucks in parking lots a wiiiiide berth, most have hitches sticking out way too far.  My brother almost broke his leg walking into one in a dark lot.

Considering I still have dents in my shins from walking into my own hitch, my answer to the thread title would be ME!   :rolleyes:

Trebor English said:
Train horns.

I want these on my little Honda Fit! For all the idiot drivers in this city. They would probably weigh more than the car though.

Friends don't let friends get carried away ~~~

Attachments

• truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 18
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16
Every Road Leads Home said:
Curious as to why you don't like crew cabs on trucks?   I think they're the best things they ever did to a truck

Totally agree, and when they finally started selling crew cab compact trucks here, well, I'm on my second Sport Trac and my son still drives my first one... Nothing beats it.

I think it depends on how much 'truckish' use you will use your truck for, and how much 'crew carrying'
Try to fit 4 burly men in a standard cab, especially in a small to mid size truck, or even an extended, and there will be p**sing and moaning, as you wish you had a crew cab
try to sleep in the bed of a crew cab 'compact' truck and you will be asking 'why didn't I get the full 8 foot bed?; (or 7, on a Ranger) try to maneuver a full size 8 foot bed crew cab long bed in the average parking lot and you will not be happy, and don't load it up too much or the frame will sag
fry to carry 10+ foot construction materials in a 5 or 6 foot bed, it's a major PITA

ArtW said:
I think it depends on how much 'truckish' use you will use your truck for, and how much 'crew carrying'
Try to fit 4 burly men in a standard cab, especially in a small to mid size truck, or even an extended, and there will be p**sing and moaning, as you wish you had a crew cab
try to sleep in the bed of a crew cab 'compact' truck and you will be asking 'why didn't I get the full 8 foot bed?; (or 7, on a Ranger) try to maneuver a full size 8 foot bed crew cab long bed in the average parking lot and you will not be happy, and don't load it up too much or the frame will sag
fry to carry 10+ foot construction materials in a 5 or 6 foot bed, it's a major PITA

Parking is not too hard once you get used to them. I drive a crew cab long bed dually and I always park between the lines. But I've driven large trucks all my life as that is what I need to get done with what I need to do.

I also have zero issues with large trucks and parking lots. Most times I find them easier to drive/park than a 4 door sedan because trucks have real mirrors and you can actually see what's going on behind you.

Every Road Leads Home said:
I also have zero issues with large trucks and parking lots.  Most times I find them easier to drive/park than a 4 door sedan because trucks have real mirrors and you can actually see what's going on behind you.

The problem is that everyone in a smaller vehicle is unable to see around you.  A traveling black hole, that hides Galexies. and other large vehicles.  ;)

I will say...i love my tow mirrors. I can see everything behind me and side, up to the front drivrr/passenger door. I will never have less than crew cab. Ive actually lost sight of a small car behind me because I have an F350 and it was a micro sedan (at stop light, not highway)

I hate lowered trucks, push bars (seriously?)..the exhaust pipes in truck bed are ridiculous too.

OutdoorFT said:
I will say...i love my tow mirrors. I can see everything behind me and side, up to the front drivrr/passenger door. I will never have less than crew cab. Ive actually lost sight of a small car behind me because I have an F350 and it was a micro sedan (at stop light, not highway)

I hate lowered trucks, push bars (seriously?)..the exhaust pipes in truck bed are ridiculous too.

Push bars? As in bull bars? Brush guards? Moose bumpers?

I have to say I love my massive pipe bumper/truck protector...I live and drive in so many areas where hitting animals is not a case of if but when and how many. Those guards save your vehicle every time.

Do you know the difference between a push bar that works and one that looks like it works, about 500 pounds, ugly and it automatically lowers the front of the truck!

you mean like this,

005 - Copy.JPG

highdesertranger

Attachments

• 005 - Copy.JPG
    005 - Copy.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 28