Dumest things on a truck....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTJohn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me its gotta be Chrome Tow Hooks - not that I can't be persuaded of it being something else. Its just that I haven't been able to get past it! Chrome EFFIN Tow Hooks on a pik up truck - really? 

Thats what Murahkan culture has come to. haha

When I bought my 250 supreduty in 2015 was first truck I'd bought since my 1997 Burb so I'd like been outa the market for awhile. I walked on the lot and a salesman approaches with that usual sickening polite pretentious salesmen's schpeel. I says to him, "Lookin to buy a truck but if you try to sell me any of those things with chrome tow hooks I'm leavin your damn lot now.........

Chrome tow hooks - dumest things I've ever seen on a truck. dummer than a 'b' in the word 'Dumb'.

As I See It...........INTJohn

Truck "balls" that hang off a trailer hitch! Although I did admire a good set of long horn cattle horns mounted on his hood!

I had the joy of trying to explain those balls to my mom. She was a retired nurse who tended to speak clinically, she said "honey, is that a scrotum on the truck,  if so, why on earth is it there?". All I could think of was "dunno mom, it must be a guy thing".

I got my brother a set of golden "truck nuts" to put on his F350. I like to think we bring joy to peoples' lives when we drive around now.

Dumest thing is deer whistles.

Big wheels and low profile tires on trucks.  Why would anyone do this?

Attachments

• 009ef89d4ec2a20675cadf209ee0b1e2.jpg
    009ef89d4ec2a20675cadf209ee0b1e2.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 31
masterplumber said:
8'' chrome stacks in the bed of a pickup.

Good lord, yes!  The "rolling coal" brotherhood, usually young idiots intent of belching out loads of black smoke at motorcyclists/pedestrians/bicyclists/anyone who they perceive as different.

Queen said:
Good lord, yes!  The "rolling coal" brotherhood, usually young idiots intent of belching out loads of black smoke at motorcyclists/pedestrians/bicyclists/anyone who they perceive as different.

HAha!! this is fuking funny - but actually the idiots......
image.jpg

.......the idiots are the ones that can't see the twin 8" guns pointed at them.

LOLhaha ...........INTJohn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 31
Every Road Leads Home said:

Oh, yes...this!!! You'd never see it here in Wyoming, but I have seen in it cities. Why even bother with a truck?

Queen said:
I had the joy of trying to explain those balls to my mom. She was a retired nurse who tended to speak clinically, she said "honey, is that a scrotum on the truck,  if so, why on earth is it there?". All I could think of was "dunno mom, it must be a guy thing".

Women pickup owners/drivers hang them as some of sort of trophy.

I once pulled into the home depot parking lot, and saw a guy load 4 2x4'x10's into his new shiny lifted with oversize wheels and low profile tires shortbed quadcab pickup, with the tail gate down. The 2x4s were visibly twisted, and I just knew.

I figuratively, broke out the popcorn and watched the stupidfest unfold out my windshield.

He then opened a package of ratcheting straps, and took a few minutes figuring out how to release them from the plastic packaging and how to make them the right length.

I really should have started videoing at this point.

all 2x4s were flat side by side for a 14 inch width, 1.5 inches tall, and hanging out the back of the truck a good 4.5 to 5.5 feet.

First he uses the hooks in the back of the cab corners, and the ratcheting strap pulled tight as a guitar string, hovering about an inch over the 2x4's, doing nothing.

He then gets the bright idea of wrapping the strap around the tailgate, and even found some rags to protect his paint, and started tightening, but not too much. he then jumped in the bed and ran another strap over the ends of the 2x4s, which was hovering above the 2x4's, and stuffed a few rags under it to exert 'some' downward pressure.

Then he jumped out of the bed, and went to town on the ratcheting strap, and bent the metal edges of his tailgate and there was a 'booong' type of noise which I suspect was the metal exterior of the tailgate folding inward

Then the cursing began, and I noticed another Audience member was 2 cars over watching this unfold, as he was guffawwing.

Mr numb nuts then tested to at least see how tight the 2x4s were held down, and of course with so little leverage pulling them to the bed of the truck, could be easily moved side to side and out.

But he was over it as the guffaws grew louder and louder, and he jumped behind the wheel, backed out of the parking spot, braked slowly, and slowly accellerated away. the lumber stayed put. At this point I got out of my van and got to where I could see him waiting at the traffic light to leave the parking lot.

The Guffawer was not far away, tears in his eyes from laughing so hard and we both walked towards the carnage soon to come.

Light turns green, numbnuts gets half way through the intersection, begins the turn and accellerates, and all the 2x4s dump on the ground( and 2 of the remaining ratcheting straps), and the 'bro truck' then showed us how loud and fast his truck was as he tore out of there.

We went and collected the 2x4s from the intersection, the nearby drivers who stopped so we could collect the wood, were mostly surprisingly tolerant and patient.

The 2x4s were total rejects. I cant imagine anybody actually selecting this wood. We put them out of the way near the entrance and each took one ratcheting strap from the plastic packaging.

The backwards facing seats in the Subaru brat.

The X in the taillights of the little Jeep SUV. They make it look like a dead cartoon character.

Queen said:

If you've never seen this, ya gotta watch...believe it or not, it's actually a public service commercial from a group I promise you'll know...

[video=youtube]

Mercedes sedan with texas horn on front and chrome badass 8" pipes (2) coming through trunk.  See if I can grab a screen shot.  :rolleyes:

For some time now I have entertained the idea of a one-up to the truck nuts. Acquire a large, rubber "marital aid" from an adult store. Hang under tailgate. Hollow it out and run a tube connected to A/C runoff so it tinkles going down the road...

TMG51 said:
For some time now I have entertained the idea of a one-up to the truck nuts. Acquire a large, rubber "marital aid" from an adult store. Hang under tailgate. Hollow it out and run a tube connected to A/C runoff so it tinkles going down the road...

Cheers!

truck-hitch-toilet-seat-2156.jpg

Every Road Leads Home said:

Because those guys never leave pavement. And MORE CHROME!