Dumest things on a truck....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rhand-drive-low.jpg

speaks for itsself, only way it could be dumber, would be if it was a 1 ton diesel

masterplumber said:
8'' chrome stacks in the bed of a pickup.

I have a nearly uncontrollable urge to dump things down those stacks.

This was a stupid idea(my own stupid idea...)
8ft wide 36" long.... but surprisingly light even with an OSB floor and metal roof over plywood.
20160925_102644.jpg
:(
Problems, the extra 4" it was wider than the TC I had prior made my mirrors useless. I never figured out a gutter to capture rainwater from the tin roof and 8 feet is just too wide for a lot of trails in the back country. Drove great though and I still had a ton of bed space.

picture is before it was even complete

Attachments

• 20160925_102644.jpg
    20160925_102644.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
I hate how tall new trucks are; you should be able to reach over the sides to get stuff out of the bed. And 4 door trucks with tiny beds; why buy a truck when your just gona drive it around like a car. If I bought a new truck it would be regular cab 8' bed and I would probably lower it so I don't have to get out a step ladder to actually use the thing

[Mod note: Post reported by another member. Offensive language removed.]

I think this thread should be moved to the soon to be formed..."Men's Room"

poncho62 said:
I think this thread should be moved to the soon to be formed..."Men's Room"

Umm, why?  I'm a woman and I drive a truck.  As far as I know they're not gender specific, especially on this forum.

Queen said:
Umm, why?  I'm a woman and I drive a truck.  As far as I know they're not gender specific, especially on this forum.

I think that comment was more in regards to the toilet humor than any kind of truck-bravado sexism.

...not to say females can't laugh at hitch receiver pooping too, of course!

Ahh, I see. Yeah we don't usually do much toilet humor, although I have a couple of friends who find it hilarious.

As far as the "bumper dumper" goes, I always thought it would be really gross to poop under your hitch and then just leave it there... maybe you're supposed to dig a hole or something?

I had a "bumper dumper" that had a bucket attachment under and we used it for stability. When I put a seat belt on it my wife said it had to go cause she knew I would back the Jeep Wagoneer off the 3,000" ledge at Muley Point trying to get a picture, so much for my artistic career!

wayne49 said:
Women pickup owners/drivers hang them as some of sort of trophy.
Hey now...I've only ever seen them on a "guy's" truck...never seen a woman with them

bullfrog said:
I had a "bumper dumper" that had a bucket attachment under and we used it for stability.  When I put a seat belt on it my wife said it had to go cause she knew I would back the Jeep Wagoneer off the 3,000" ledge at Muley Point trying to get a picture, so much for my artistic career!

Your wife is every bit as wise as mine.   :p

DuneElliot said:
Hey now...I've only ever seen them on a "guy's" truck...never seen a woman with them

i have, although only once, on one of those truck with a 'silly boys, trucks are for girls' stickers  :rolleyes:

Attachments

• little red trucks.jpg
    little red trucks.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 22
  • lrt 2.jpg
    lrt 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 20
INTJohn said:
To me its gotta be Chrome Tow Hooks - not that I can't be persuaded of it being something else. Its just that I haven't been able to get past it! Chrome EFFIN Tow Hooks on a pik up truck - really? ..

Chrome tow hooks - dumest things I've ever seen on a truck. dummer than a 'b' in the word 'Dumb'.

As I See It...........INTJohn

You had to say it ~~~ ;)

Attachments

• stupid 3.jpg
    stupid 3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 29
  • stupid 2.jpg
    stupid 2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 23
jimindenver said:
The backwards facing seats in the Subaru brat.
The hell you say jimidenver!

And here I was, starting to see you as someone with some sense here on these boards but NO! You have to go and ruin it with this.

For shame.

Just weeks ago I met a man driving a fully restored Brat and we were both lamenting that it didn't have the jump seats in the back. Those things were awesome! Better than the backwards seats in a Volvo station wagon that's for sure.

way back when there where thousands of those Brat's around. but it's been a least 10 years since I have seen a running one. kinda makes you think. highdesertranger