dream truck

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishingriver

Reaction score
I grew up camping is a way of life and I'm currently laid off and I found this awesome 1993 ford e-250 cutawa<font size="3">y<b> </b>box truck and I have a lot of questions about this (sorry new guy lol.) my hobby is camping and gaming so I'm trying to combine the 2 and put some solar panels on top and batteries inside and I'm wondering if some1 covers the top and creates too much power for the deep cycles to hold will it start to kill the batteries life also? My plan is to get some low profile solar panels and just cover the top so I never have to worry about power. I'm very tech savvy and also very handy with my hands. I want to turn this truck into a home away from home. (also for wshtf with not finding work lol.) I want to keep it stealth so my plan is to put pvc pipe that looks like its on racks on the outer edge<b>&nbsp; </b>to cover up the solar panels and the vents that I'm gonna have to custom modify. I'm very big into hand making stuff. thats my plan but we'll see how it turns out. lol. thats my dream truck. lo</font>

It's hard to have too much solar power. Put as many panels on the roof as you can afford and fit. The regulator will keep the batteries from getting overcharged.<br>&nbsp;Keep us updated on your project!<br><br>